Outsider

DIY - 86/BRZ Auto-fold Side Mirrors

Well done giuys. Does any one know where the kit can be purchased and / or installed in Melbourne as well? Thanks

Just purchase a unit through Jason at Garage 88 in Sydney. He will post to Melbourne.

I'll let you know how I get on with the instal.

Wish me luck.

i've received the parts from Garage 88. all exactly the same as the photos's taken by Outsider.

All I need now is the vehicle to do the instal on.

Expected mid to end March at the latest.

I'm fairly confident it should be straight forward. I'll let you know.

So still no update on the cheap kit install :(/>

Have been busy and still havent a good look into it, but we had a quick look a couple weeks back and my voltmeter was playing up so we didn't want start cutting random wires to test them all. So we're still trying to find a wiring diagram to make it tonnes easier.

Hey, still waiting for my kit to arrive.

Also check out the wire diagram, haven't read it yet but might be of some use.

http://www.my-86.com...iring-diagrams/

Page 262 is what we need? I wish he cheapo unit had the same wiring colors with the already built in wires. Some match and some don't unfortunately :/

Page 262 is what we need? I wish he cheapo unit had the same wiring colors with the already built in wires. Some match and some don't unfortunately :/

Page 262 seems to be for the power windows ??

Page 265 looks like the door locking mechanism. From what I can seen, I reckon it's the wire numbered #1 on page 265 that feeds into the locking mechanism that needs to be connected to the auto folding mechanism. The one I purchased has a little tiny black plastic box that you put this wire into, and then close it shut, and it connects it up to the rest of the system. Every thing else seems to be a simple plug n play type arrangement. Don't know if this has helped at all.

I've ordered the cheapo one the other day and am waiting for it to arrive. Depending on what the coming weekends are like I will see if I can't have a crack at it. Will take pix for the cheapo install as I go along.

Well, I took the door cover off yesterday, just to check how to tackle the install of a cheaper unit... Well, I put the cover back on few minutes later =)

There is not much in terms of wire length to play with... if you cut it, it will be hard to join them again... I guess will wait until some brave soul will do it =)

Not automatically folding. There is a button but it's manually operated :) This is to have them automatically fold back when the car is turned off or on.

are you from Brissie as well? If you are , we could have a crack on my cheap folding system and once yours gets here we should have enough knowledge to get it done quickly!

No :( I'm in Goulburn/Canberra. If you feel like tripping down to install it I'd be happy to let you use my garage :lol:

I'm still waiting for my unit to be delivered - still one day in the week to go so it'll probably arrive tomorrow because I have a full weekend already. I want to get it installed so I can revel in my DIY smugness.

Not automatically folding. There is a button but it's manually operated :)/> This is to have them automatically fold back when the car is turned off or on.

Aha I see :D thanks

Any update on the DIY guide yet?

I wish. The unit is still sitting at home along with a few other little purchases I've made along the way.

The Toyota web Tracker is now estimating delivery 31 March.

A delay of about a week.

Damn. I was seriously hoping for a pre Easter delivery.

This last leg of waiting is proving to be really, really difficult.

I'm still waiting for my budget ones to arrive from ebay. Seems the seller was a bit lacksidaical about getting around to posting them seeing as how I paid for them nearly a month ago :angry: Now even if they do arrive this week I can't do anything until possibly the weekend after ( am not going to try and get this done in one night simply because I want to take my time and not f it up).