Dennis

[QLD] Meet & Cruise 20/01

Good cruise guys - Jo and I had a great time! Went home back over the mountains (chased some bikes over the top - 86 needs some woosh so it can pass them on straights) and just finished doing an oil and filter change. You guys weren't joking about how black the oil is when it comes out and ours only has 2600km on it! I'm playing guinea pig too - Mobil 1 0w-40 for me, seems to run fine so far but if I get any rough running or the dreaded CEL I've got some Mobil 1 0w-20 ready to throw in.

Looking forward to the next one!

well i am home and want to thank the guys for their friendship and BBQ skills - i had a great time and look forward to catching up at our next "knees up" - i thought the idea of name tags brilliant as i was able to chat with the 2 of the gorgeous chicks attending and not feel like an old perv - watch this space. they are coming to the NOOSA 86 WEEKEND but i saw them first - i even let one have a drive.

a big thankyou to matty for preparing a room for me for the night and letting me have a nana nap satdy arvo whilst he sprayed my badges - honestly if you want something done to your car go to matt's place for a sleep and you may find your roof wrapped for you.

mike

thanks to everyone who came along for the cruise - sorry i had to leave suddenly at the bbq id just misorganised my times and had a prior commitment to head to.

id also like to apologise to the guys who were following me when i had to stop and screwed their run up.

Nice to meet some of you - hopefully next time im free and will be a bit more sociable

cheers

It was a fantastic day. Thanks to all. A good group of genuine people. Good to see.

I went back the way we came and had a ball doom glorious and Nebo again, although there was a point where motorbike rider had taken a tumble in the Glorious section. I don't know if a car was also involved but there were other cars stopped at the scene with the ambulance on its way (I passed it on Nebo somewhere). Sad to see.. But I had a good (and safe) fun run back :)

I look forward to the next one but I am cruising New Zealand the last 2 weekends of Feb so may miss it, but will try to be back for the Noosa weekend ... to show off the next iteration of enhancements ;)

Great cruise guys and gals. Nice meeting you all and looking forward to the the photos and the next meet up.

which so happens to be the NOOSA 86 WEEKEND staying overnight of the 2nd - please book motel now as it does fill up quickly being riverfront and next to the yacht club where we will be having brekky sunday morning before our cruise.

when i stayed at matty's place last night prior to todays cruise i, being a foolish comedian (but sometimes i am the only one thinks its funny) mentioned to matty that it would be a brilliant fun thing to do to turn on every GTS's seat heater and dont mention it - well of course, being real gennlemuns, we didnt think, i mean, we didnt do it at the wonderful BBQ garnered with tomato and mustard sauce i brought along.

having forgotten all about it i wondered why my back, whilst driving home, was rather sweaty and noticed the passenget seat switch in a nuetral position whilst mine was forward - its a rocker switch - and immediately called matty a person born without parents or sumfink like that and had to PM him to let him know - despite vehement protests and forlorn cries of innocence from the guilty ba###rd i have an inkling he DID DO IT.

some of you met him for the first time today and i ponder did any of you find him a bit shifty or a man to be trusted - remember he sprayed my badges for me but was that a ruse!!!

mike

which so happens to be the NOOSA 86 WEEKEND staying overnight of the 2nd - please book motel now as it does fill up quickly being riverfront and next to the yacht club where we will be having brekky sunday morning before our cruise.

when i stayed at matty's place last night prior to todays cruise i, being a foolish comedian (but sometimes i am the only one thinks its funny) mentioned to matty that it would be a brilliant fun thing to do to turn on every GTS's seat heater and dont mention it - well of course, being real gennlemuns, we didnt think, i mean, we didnt do it at the wonderful BBQ garnered with tomato and mustard sauce i brought along.

having forgotten all about it i wondered why my back, whilst driving home, was rather sweaty and noticed the passenget seat switch in a nuetral position whilst mine was forward - its a rocker switch - and immediately called matty a person born without parents or sumfink like that and had to PM him to let him know - despite vehement protests and forlorn cries of innocence from the guilty ba###rd i have an inkling he DID DO IT.

some of you met him for the first time today and i ponder did any of you find him a bit shifty or a man to be trusted - remember he sprayed my badges for me but was that a ruse!!!

mike

Yep never trust me. I work in fraud! :)

Like I said, I wish I could take credit for your little seat heater prank (or accident) but I don't take credit for other people's work :) I blame Layla hahah

It was a fantastic day. Thanks to all. A good group of genuine people. Good to see.

I went back the way we came and had a ball doom glorious and Nebo again, although there was a point where motorbike rider had taken a tumble in the Glorious section. I don't know if a car was also involved but there were other cars stopped at the scene with the ambulance on its way (I passed it on Nebo somewhere). Sad to see.. But I had a good (and safe) fun run back :)/>

I look forward to the next one but I am cruising New Zealand the last 2 weekends of Feb so may miss it, but will try to be back for the Noosa weekend ... to show off the next iteration of enhancements ;)/>

We saw the bike rider that had come off too - luckily he didn't look too bad and we passed the ambulance heading towards him a couple of minutes later.