Dennis

[QLD] Meet & Cruise 20/01

Nah, family member. Only downside he is from NSW ;)/>

And drives a commy :-D

I'm in +1 for Nebo

Not a huge fan of some of those 1 lane roads around tambourine - my poor 86 will get dirty feet pulling off to the side to let other cars coming the other way past lol

Anyone care if a dirty old AE86 tags along? Unfortunately my mate who owns it is slack and the 4AGE 20 valve that should be in it is still on his garage floor - 4AC power all the way! Probably one the cleanest AE's in brisbane though.

same answer as for KAMALT - i reckon ride a pushbike if you can keep up.

mike

I posted this in the wrong thread :S

Yeah still keen are we having a BBQ at the end?

Do we need to bring anything? ie money for snags if someone gets all the stuff?

I'm still keen. Keen for BBQ too if everyone else is - one of my best mates is a butcher so I could potentially organise meat.

If you can get the meat that be awesome!!

I'll get some drinks(softdrinks) and cups.

Everyone is welcome dude; just don't do anything silly and you'd be fine...

By the sounds of it you might be our safest bet ahahha.

Haha, yeah ill be safe and sensible for sure. The stupidest thing I'll be doing that day is getting up that early on a weekend. :-)

Haha, yeah ill be safe and sensible for sure. The stupidest thing I'll be doing that day is getting up that early on a weekend. :-)

i have great respect for having this attitude as i have noticed over the years that when men gather tetosterone seems to flow at a

greater rate than when alone - this is particuarly so if there is a male toy involved - even a skateboard.

i have witnessed a few deaths of young, and not so young, males who cant control natures way of needing to show who has the biggest

honchos or most hairy chest and for a member recognising that he has no desire to enter this fray is admirable.

i am not implying that any cruise such as the one planned for the 20th (sausage please and diet coke) (on bread) will degenerate into a

mad max event but i have seen this behaviour where man dare challenge each other and the possibility of danger.

i will admit that this expectation has been greater amongst the flying fraternity in such events as "land on the piano keys" or try to hover a

gyro and then lose control but has also been in the noble pursuit of pushing a car too hard - and there is an unspoken expectation of

pushing it - i know that attitude isnt there on 86 club runs but if so MacTec and i will follow at a respectable speed - doesnt mean that

corners arent fair go though - are they!

mike

Absolutely. I'm not saying that ill be taking the 30klm's reccommended speed corners at 30klm's, but I certainly don't intend to be doing 100 in an 80 zone.... I intend to keep my speeding ticket cleen sheet intact. :-) so yeah, perhaps I need to be at thebackpf the cue lol.

Absolutely. I'm not saying that ill be taking the 30klm's reccommended speed corners at 30klm's, but I certainly don't intend to be doing 100 in an 80 zone.... I intend to keep my speeding ticket cleen sheet intact. :-) so yeah, perhaps I need to be at thebackpf the cue lol.

What about 80 around the 30 recommended speed corners :D That's how I roll when I'm by myself

There will probably be a bit of traffic up there anyway and cops love Nebo on the weekends (well all the time really). No point in anyone being silly - just enjoy the run. If you get stuck behind a group of cars just suck it up - an 86 doesn't have the straight line grunt needed to safely pass groups of cars up there.

I'll organise some sausages - can anyone who wants some food let me know so I can work out approximate numbers (don't want anyone going hungry now)

shane,

thankyou for your offer - i will have 2 sausages bbqed dark brown with onion on bread, preferably multigrain, accompanied with a suitable

bbq sauce with a tangy taste - of course a napkin will be needed.

for drinks my preference leans towards a beverage without sugar so anything of a diet nature would suffice - this would of course require

a suitable vessel - if i have to, a plastic cup would suffice.

mike

its good to get an early answer isnt it - noosa 86 weekend hint hint.

shane,

i hope to luv your sausages - practice before the meet to ensure quality control.

mike

This thread is full of soooo many sus things!!!

So I think at last count there was at least to be 15 people in attendenc on the day.

So I eat two sausages so i think we might need 30 sausages? :S... (Shane will be getting)

That = at least 3 loafs of bread.

So far the orders for drink is at least diet coke, normal coke & maybe a solo... (I'll get the drinks)

A sleeve of plastic cups.(I'll get the cups)

A garbage.(i'll keep the bags the drinks come in).

BBQ utnitess and cleaning products.

Condiments

Sliced onions

who'd like to put their hand up for the remaining items?

So I think at last count there was at least to be 15 people in attendenc on the day.

So I eat two sausages so i think we might need 30 sausages? :S... (Shane will be getting)

So far the orders for drink is at least diet coke, normal coke & maybe a solo... (I'll get the drinks)

not me

mike

Condiments

Sliced onions

eightsix,

as you are not getting knocked over in the rush to get volunteers to bring something i shall ask what is it that you require - upon sighting that list i shall base my answer as i would like to assist where i can.

mike