Sign in to follow this  
ferdie

QLD morning run 28/12/12

hey all

im going to meet up with the lotus 7 replica guys on friday morning,

im planning on meeting them at the BP at forest glen (back of the sunnie coast) then head into the hills, then where ever they go, then home....

i will be leaving brisbane early so i can meet up with them.

if anyone is up for a really early start let me know....

FERDIE - what time are you planning on leaving the BP Forest Glen as i am interested in joining you - failing that would you note your track

and ascertain if that is suitable being part of the NOOSA 86 WEEKEND.

I have been pondering wandering inland that could be used for the run home after the weekend and have come up with a few tracks i will

have a check out that not only have a few curly bits but are scenic as well - i have not driven them for a few years.

your input would be greatly appreciated whether i make tomorrow or not.

mike

mike we are meeting at the bakery next to the south bound BP at 730am

will be me and a couple of lotus 7's

we should be meeting up with a handfull more lotus 7's, possibly an elise or 2 and possibly a prancing horse or 3 at the back of wivenhoe, then up glorious/nebo i believe, or possibly head north to mapleton, will see how the day pans out

ferdie reckons-

"mike we are meeting at the bakery next to the south bound BP at 730am."

Thanks ferdie - as there are 2 servo's both BP called BP north bound and BP south bound I, in all innocence, assumed the meeting point would be the obvious and there would be a bakery there - well I was wrong.

After setting off for southbound BP and prepared to head towards Caboolture I thought I would stop at the first meeting point mentioned at Forest Glen and give FERDIE a call to discover he was 200 metres past the first BP which is not called SOUTH BOUND - so i arrived at the bakery and recognised ferdie from his piccie being a new proud DAD - he was clutching a healthy breakfast of meat pie and iced coffee so i definitely knew he was an 86er.

The lotus guys were great and we set off for a run with me being tail end charlie following ferdie - i noticed at some of the corners ferdie's smooth style of cornering and, at one stage, was so enthralled that i cornered like a grandfather (which i am).

One of the lotus's some how cracked his sump coming around somerset dam and we left him to the RACQ and I headed home whilst ferdie and his merry band of lotus's went over NEBO and down to BRISBANE.

I think that will be part of the run home after the NOOSA 86 WEEKEND and a mystery stretch added on - dont follow ferdie's instructions as he will get you lost - i am glad you gave me your phone number mate as i would still be at Caboolture!

As a reminder NOOSA 86 WEEKEND weekend 2-3 March 13

QLD plate for sale A GTS86 $2500 which i paid - no longer required.

BOOT WING - Carsmo - no drilling - $450 which I paid plus postage. painted pegasus white

Thanks for the invite ferdie and i know you will buy the wing (he has a white GTS with a couple of hail dings in the boot which the wing

would cover nicely).

mike

file-10.jpg

Mike, was good to put a face to the name, and look forward to the next run up your way, will do the obi-obi road next time.

as for the meet location, the bp and the bakery were only 200m apart :D , was not a problem for me to find, i could smell the pies :P

there were a couple more on the side of the road where the pic was taken, we met up with the prancing horse guys at the top of the hill. all up there was +/-20 cars who came along for some or all of the run