Dennis

[QLD] Meet & Cruise 16/12 (THIS SUNDAY!!)

Keen for January!!

Actually I think I can blame the cruise yesterday for the fact that I've been talking to Toyota this morning about getting a Tornado Grey GTS manual to replace my S15. Just need to decide if I want 2 of them sitting in the garage and if it's going to be fast enough for me long term (nothing a bit of woosh couldn't fix).

Great turnout! I'll upload some pics when I get a chance :)/>

Thanks guys. Thanks also to Outside for sharing the ride. Hopefully next time I will have my own 86, and anyone who is still on the wait list and and comes along, I will always be more than happy to share my ride so you too can also experience it in an 86 while you wait for yours :)/>

No problems at all!

20/01/13 seems like a good date then. Doesn't interfere with any Australia Day long weekend plans

Sounds good to me! Hopefully my wheels and coilovers are in by then too :)/>

http://goo.gl/maps/IV2xt

http://goo.gl/maps/K9Z9e (only issue with this one is the drive up to and from O'Reillys has a lot of single lane sections around corners)

I'm just going to leave these here for 20 January...

Leave me alone, I just finished school and I need to do something half productive for the next two months....

Let's face it we're always going to cop a bit of mountain traffic on the weekends. Probably not such a bad thing - we did the speed limit up the mountain 90% of the way on the weekend and honestly we'd be better off not attracting attention from the police or worse still, someone getting a bit enthusiastic and writing off their car (happened on a recent clubman cruise up Nebo).

Fun mountain runs are best left to small groups on weekday nights. Cruises in big groups are a fun get together - my 2c

Maybe a BBQ next time could be an idea??

Let's face it we're always going to cop a bit of mountain traffic on the weekends. Probably not such a bad thing - we did the speed limit up the mountain 90% of the way on the weekend and honestly we'd be better off not attracting attention from the police or worse still, someone getting a bit enthusiastic and writing off their car (happened on a recent clubman cruise up Nebo).

Fun mountain runs are best left to small groups on weekday nights. Cruises in big groups are a fun get together - my 2c

Maybe a BBQ next time could be an idea??

You obviously weren't stuck behind the little Golf or Pajero all the way. :) We were crawling up the mountain. Saturday's run up Mount Nebo was awesome - nothing outrageous, just a good cruise without restrictions. That was because we hit the mountain by 8am, not after 10 like Sunday.

You obviously weren't stuck behind the little Golf or Pajero all the way. :)/> We were crawling up the mountain. Saturday's run up Mount Nebo was awesome - nothing outrageous, just a good cruise without restrictions. That was because we hit the mountain by 8am, not after 10 like Sunday.

Nah I was lucky - second from the front but we still got stuck behind a cruise or Kia - whatever it was. They did the speed limit most of the way but slowed right down for the really twisty stuff at the top :-(

You obviously weren't stuck behind the little Golf or Pajero all the way. :) We were crawling up the mountain. Saturday's run up Mount Nebo was awesome - nothing outrageous, just a good cruise without restrictions. That was because we hit the mountain by 8am, not after 10 like Sunday.

Agreed getting stuck behind those cars ruined the drive up the mountain....I want to go on the cruise to enjoy the type of roads the car was designed to shred on and doing the speed limit always up the mountain is a bit restrictive.

http://goo.gl/maps/IV2xt

http://goo.gl/maps/K9Z9e (only issue with this one is the drive up to and from O'Reillys has a lot of single lane sections around corners)

I'm just going to leave these here for 20 January...

Leave me alone, I just finished school and I need to do something half productive for the next two months....

Bump .. Who's still in for Sun 20th Jan??

Just back from koh samui and the roads where built for these cars. Rough, patchy, good straights and should make wonderful driving experience.

Chiang Mai, some of the main roads reminded me of being on the drag strip.

I am in for any small group exercising, only go back on the 29th jam