ferdie

wire diagram, gts sat-nav-unit??

Hi guys!

Can someone please confirm if using CN4950 socket displays the guide lines? Also, for CN4800 socket... Can the lines be turned on through the special gunctions on the unit (where you adjust the guide lines) - might be an option you can turn on

Thank you

Sergey

The GTS headunit needs to "see" the camera connected when it's powered on, and the camera power supply from the headunit is a 6V feed. My camera is a 12V camera, so I'm using a mini 6V relay to switch an igntion switched 12V feed to the camera. This ensures the camera is detected when the headunit is powered on and is only powered when in reverse.

In the CN4800 plug:

V+ is the center of the co-ax for the camera signal

V- is the co-ax shield from the camera cable

CA+ is the 6V power feed for the camera

CGND is the ground terminal for the camera's power feed

I've hit a wall. Is V+ defivitely the video signal? I would have thought it should have been +6V. Either way I have tried measuring the voltages and I cant seem to find +6 volts when I put my car in reverse. Any suggestions?

Don't know if anyone still reads this thread...

Anyhow. Finally got the camera and started doing some work on the car.

I am using CN4950 connector (4 pin). On that plug V+ and V- are the video cable connectors. Ground is ground and CA+ is 6V output from the unit.

I am using a camera that can work on 6V, so its easy. If anyone is looking for connector - $40 will do you, or do as I did - use computer motherboard USB pin plugs (single) - they fit perfectly. Also saw that Jaycar PT4520 spade plugs will fit as well. The CN4800 plug that was referred to is 16 pin plug. On my GTS it only has 1 red wire attached to it.

The only problem that I have - CN4950 does not seam to have guidelines. I guess its good if your camera cannot be modified to disable them, but for me - I would like to use the HU guidelines, and not the ones from the camera (as I cannot adjust them). If anyone knows how to turn them on - would appreciate your help.

for the relay, one side of the coil goes to the headunit 6V feed (CA+), the other side of the coil goes to the headunit camera ground pin (CGND). The one side of the normally-open switch goes to an ignition switched 12V wire, you can see in my post at the top of the page the wire I spliced for this feed. The other side of the normally-open relay switch goes to the camera's 12V power input.

When the headunit energises it's 6V power circuit for the camera, the relay coil is powered... This causes the normally-open switch in the relay to close which in turn provides 12V to the camera.

for the relay, one side of the coil goes to the headunit 6V feed (CA+), the other side of the coil goes to the headunit camera ground pin (CGND). The one side of the normally-open switch goes to an ignition switched 12V wire, you can see in my post at the top of the page the wire I spliced for this feed. The other side of the normally-open relay switch goes to the camera's 12V power input.

When the headunit energises it's 6V power circuit for the camera, the relay coil is powered... This causes the normally-open switch in the relay to close which in turn provides 12V to the camera.

I pm'd you on GT86 forums.

Got any loom pins left?

I'll add a bit of info here, I wired in a Boyo camera to my GTS over the weekend. I didn't buy any adapters etc, but I did go to the wreckers on Saturday morning and cut out an instrument cluster loom from a ZZE122 corolla which uses the same terminals as the CN4800 plug.

The GTS headunit needs to "see" the camera connected when it's powered on, and the camera power supply from the headunit is a 6V feed. My camera is a 12V camera, so I'm using a mini 6V relay to switch an igntion switched 12V feed to the camera. This ensures the camera is detected when the headunit is powered on and is only powered when in reverse.

I ended up using 4x terminals with lengths of wire that came from the corolla loom. 2x from the camera power terminals to the relay coil, and 2x for the shielded video signal wire. I also tapped into the red ignition switched 12V wire which the mini relay triggers in to power the camera.

In the CN4800 plug:

V+ is the center of the co-ax for the camera signal

V- is the co-ax shield from the camera cable

CA+ is the 6V power feed for the camera

CGND is the ground terminal for the camera's power feed

some pics of my setup...

Camera installed in the trim:

182301_10151565474549377_525199385_n.jpg

Outside shot:

44728_10151565474579377_1688450163_n.jpg

Camera loom integrated into factory boot loom plug using some spare crimp terminals:

297680_10151567229839377_990154788_n.jpg

Camera loom that runs from headunit to the boot lid loom plug:

532517_10151567230169377_1295609437_n.jp

Camera loom clipped into the CN4800 plug and the red ignition 12V wire tapped into the main headunit power plug:

29626_10151567230304377_1794392115_n.jpg

Trunk wiring all done:

18264_10151567236529377_1044706923_n.jpg

Hi 86•BRZ, 

Im just trying to setup my oem camera with a dashlinq hu, anychance you can repost your pictures as they seem to have been removed or the host is down.

I have added some comments in this thread if you have any suggestions I would appreciate them.  

http://www.86forums.com.au/index.php?/user/9585-gts86au/

Hi All, 

Just wondering if someone could help me out. I've tried most of the morning to work this out and it seems to have stumped me. I've checked as many forums /posts as I could to help solve it but nothing yet.

I just bought a 86 '15 and had the reverse camera came standard. I'm replacing the Toyota Head unit with a Pioneer 8650BT. Have the wiring harness and that's all sweet and sorted. 

Issues are with the reverse camera. Below is a pic of the cable (CN4950).

IMG_3900%20copy_zpslihdizs6.jpg

Here's what I've tried:

1. Hooked up the black wire to the chassis negative grounding wire on the harness (using a 12v to 6v converter)

2. Hooked the yellow (VA -) and white (VA +) to a male RCA cable and direct feed in to the HU

I'm not sure where to connect the red wire (CA +)

Or have i got it totally wrong and the ground should stay with ground 12v and the red should be connected to the 6v converter?

Also, how do I set it up so it knows that I'm reversing and shows the reverse camera?

I was using the below for my wiring harness set up (Metra).

eaudint_zpsg5bjcy0e.jpg

Thanks in advance.