ferdie

wire diagram, gts sat-nav-unit??

Just a further update.

If you buy this item https://www.woofersetc.com/p-10717-uc100-eclipse-rear-view-camera-adapter-for-avn-receivers.aspx direct from Woofersetc then it's free postage. $40 US.

My next question is though, how do you power the rear camera, seeing as this adaptor only has a video RCA plug.

Can you splice the camera in to any 12v live wire or is there a specific power output on the back of the head unit.

Not the most knowledgeable when it comes to poking around with wires etc.

Thanks

also it will need a trigger from the revers light/gear bag switch wont it??

I don't think so, there is already a reverse sensor in the head unit, I found it when I was mucking around one day and the head unit can tell when u are in reverse gear.

I

Just a further update.

If you buy this item https://www.wooferse...-receivers.aspx direct from Woofersetc then it's free postage. $40 US.

My next question is though, how do you power the rear camera, seeing as this adaptor only has a video RCA plug.

Can you splice the camera in to any 12v live wire or is there a specific power output on the back of the head unit.

Thanks

power it from the reverse lights, I have done this before with no problems, that way it is only powered when necessary, if the head unit can detect reverse it will flick over no issues,

if you find a cheaper head unit connector let me know please!

Chris will be fitting my reverse camera after I pick up my car.

Get him at Chris @ audio express. com. au

I've been in touch with him via FB, will be speaking to him on Friday when I have some free time. Thanks for the heads up though.

I'll add a bit of info here, I wired in a Boyo camera to my GTS over the weekend. I didn't buy any adapters etc, but I did go to the wreckers on Saturday morning and cut out an instrument cluster loom from a ZZE122 corolla which uses the same terminals as the CN4800 plug.

The GTS headunit needs to "see" the camera connected when it's powered on, and the camera power supply from the headunit is a 6V feed. My camera is a 12V camera, so I'm using a mini 6V relay to switch an igntion switched 12V feed to the camera. This ensures the camera is detected when the headunit is powered on and is only powered when in reverse.

I ended up using 4x terminals with lengths of wire that came from the corolla loom. 2x from the camera power terminals to the relay coil, and 2x for the shielded video signal wire. I also tapped into the red ignition switched 12V wire which the mini relay triggers in to power the camera.

In the CN4800 plug:

V+ is the center of the co-ax for the camera signal

V- is the co-ax shield from the camera cable

CA+ is the 6V power feed for the camera

CGND is the ground terminal for the camera's power feed

some pics of my setup...

Camera installed in the trim:

182301_10151565474549377_525199385_n.jpg

Outside shot:

44728_10151565474579377_1688450163_n.jpg

Camera loom integrated into factory boot loom plug using some spare crimp terminals:

297680_10151567229839377_990154788_n.jpg

Camera loom that runs from headunit to the boot lid loom plug:

532517_10151567230169377_1295609437_n.jpg

Camera loom clipped into the CN4800 plug and the red ignition 12V wire tapped into the main headunit power plug:

29626_10151567230304377_1794392115_n.jpg

Trunk wiring all done:

18264_10151567236529377_1044706923_n.jpg

I'll add a bit of info here, I wired in a Boyo camera to my GTS over the weekend. I didn't buy any adapters etc, but I did go to the wreckers on Saturday morning and cut out an instrument cluster loom from a ZZE122 corolla which uses the same terminals as the CN4800 plug.

The GTS headunit needs to "see" the camera connected when it's powered on, and the camera power supply from the headunit is a 6V feed. My camera is a 12V camera, so I'm using a mini 6V relay to switch an igntion switched 12V feed to the camera. This ensures the camera is detected when the headunit is powered on and is only powered when in reverse.

I ended up using 4x terminals with lengths of wire that came from the corolla loom. 2x from the camera power terminals to the relay coil, and 2x for the shielded video signal wire. I also tapped into the red ignition switched 12V wire which the mini relay triggers in to power the camera.

In the CN4800 plug:

V+ is the center of the co-ax for the camera signal

V- is the co-ax shield from the camera cable

CA+ is the 6V power feed for the camera

CGND is the ground terminal for the camera's power feed

some pics of my setup...

Camera installed in the trim:

182301_10151565474549377_525199385_n.jpg

Nice job. I might replicate yours. 3 questions:

1. I noticed you used the CN4800 (Rear camera) and not the CN4950 (Back Camera). Does it matter which one you use? Your one worked? (I presume it did but it would be nice to have confirmation.)
  2. Just a hole saw to make that hole? Is that panel plastic?
  3. Do you have a link to the camera you purchased?

Cheers.

Nice job. I might replicate yours. 3 questions:

1. I noticed you used the CN4800 (Rear camera) and not the CN4950 (Back Camera). Does it matter which one you use? Your one worked? (I presume it did but it would be nice to have confirmation.)

2. Just a hole saw to make that hole? Is that panel plastic?

3. Do you have a link to the camera you purchased?

Cheers.

The CN4800 plug doesn't show the headunit's built in parking guidelines when reverse is selected. The lines mine shows are the built-in lines from the Boyo camera that can be disabled by cutting out the blue wire in the camera plug.

I believe using the CN4950 plug will show the headunit's built-in lines which can be adjusted from the hidden camera setup menu.

For the hole, I used a 3mm bit to drill a pilot hole, the supplied holesaw and a deburring tool. The trim is plastic.

The camera was purchased from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006SF69B0/sr=8-1/qid=1356845581/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1356845581&seller=&sr=8-1

The sumitomo terminals for the white plug in the 86 boot can be purchased from Ballenger Motorsports, this is the female terminal required, a little searching on their site will reveal the matching male terminal: http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/1567

Just a further update.

If you buy this item https://www.wooferse...-receivers.aspx direct from Woofersetc then it's free postage. $40 US.

Thanks

Tried to buy the cable. They want to charge $15 for postage.