ferdie

a kick ass drive into the hills

I would love to come Unfortunately no 86.

seriously anyone on here bring what you got and we will have a hoot.... ive even done some of these parts in a honda jazz, a shorty 40, a CRX and my old celica.... if u like driving just come along...

i took a drive up Nebo to the dam to Kilcoy last Saturday. the road condition has been pretty crap. lots of pot holes on kerb side.

didn't do it in the 86 tho. also bumped into 2 86 from the opposite direction.

updated the first post with maps, each leg will take about 1hr (or less)

also im going to try arrange a workshop tour with the guys who are planning to make stuff for the 86, and can look over their current projects and workmanship, they are located north of mapleton so will only be another 1/2hr north... (still gotta call Al and see if it will work)

date is now set for the sunday the 7th

will update meet points and times in the next week or so

brisbane_to_samford_1hr.jpg

samford_to_daguilar_1hr.jpg

daguilar_to_mapleton_1hr.jpg

so going to do a hill drive on sat 6th or sunday 7th, so get the day off work and get ur shit ready (looks at nafe)

come along if you have an 86, if u have on on order, or even if you dont...

ok all here is the plan

leave brisbane meeting point (somewhere where we can eat breakfast, and a bp for some last min 98ron),

head up towards nebo,

end up in samford (2nd meet point),

head towards woodford (another meet point if needed), then head further north

all through the hills and lunch in mapleton (at the kick ass pub with a view)

then its home the highway if ur in a rush or home through the hills if you still have any fuel to burn....

there will be a photo op or 2 along the way

did a run up to nebo/glorious/somerset the other week, roads were ok but rough in spots, road from gloriuos to samford under repair 2 weeks ago ( I cant imagine they've finished yet), they have those r/c traffic lights at two points, was a pain in the rectum as got stuck for 8 minutes at one and 12 minutes at the next as only one lane open in certain sections but whatever the majority decides, I'M IN

ok times are

meet at milton maccas at 730 for breakfast, leaving at 8am

arrive at samford at about 9am, and leave here around 915

lunch at mapelton round noon

please call me if you plan to meet us in samford zero-4-3-7-zero-2-4-2-2-3

Just putting it out there. Is any one going from around Kallangur? Cos at this stage I don't even have my daily ride this weekend, and as you know I don't get my 86 for at least another 12 months. I'd love to catch up with you guys (and I can always record Bathurst haha).

It's cool if it doesn't work out this weekend. There will be more opportunities soon, I am sure, but as I said, thought I'd just put I out there just in case :)

hi all,

my misses went into labour this morning and we had our first baby at 10am, she is very little and about 3 or 4 weeks early.

due to this im not going to be able to make this meet, please arrange between the rest of you that were going if you want to go, and if not we can re schedule in a couple of weeks. you have my google earth maps, so someone with a GTS and sat nav can take the lead and keep the run going if you want...

i wont be online for the next couple of days as i will be at the hospital (and possibly with no net??), and i believe the special car part of the hospital is a no mobile phone area so i will possibly be off the grid all together...

hi all,

my misses went into labour this morning and we had our first baby at 10am, she is very little and about 3 or 4 weeks early.

due to this im not going to be able to make this meet, please arrange between the rest of you that were going if you want to go, and if not we can re schedule in a couple of weeks. you have my google earth maps, so someone with a GTS and sat nav can take the lead and keep the run going if you want...

i wont be online for the next couple of days as i will be at the hospital (and possibly with no net??), and i believe the special car part of the hospital is a no mobile phone area so i will possibly be off the grid all together...

Congrats on the new addition to the family. :) Best car accessory, till they turn to teenagers and sneak the car out at night.