wtf

[DIY] Installing the StreetFX slimline numberplate mount/bracket

Just wondering if anyone uses anti theft screws with these brackets? I just picked up my custom plates and have ordered the slimline bracket, but was just wondering what people are doing to mitigate the risk of having their plates stolen?

Also with the custom plates, do you guys tend to put plate frames around them or attach them as is? I have slimeline acrylic plates and wasn't sure if the plate frames would add any bulk that would make using the bracket an issue.

As a new 86 owner I'd appreciate any hints or tips! :)

So I installed mine tonight. Because of the factory clips that need to stay in order to hold the numberplate bolts in, the bracket doesn't sit flush against the front bar. It does in the middle, but not on the sides where the clips are. Am I doing something wrong?

I have recently purchased and Installed mine aswell and it also doesn't appear to sit flush with my front bumper (a 2014 GTS)

similarly to Samoth's problem.

I presumed having a "CNC milled rear face" that it would "completely cover up the holes and sit totally flush against the bar"

Here are some photos of the mount installed,

post-8360-0-36119200-1399962509_thumb.jpg

And here,

post-8360-0-16398600-1399962532_thumb.jpg

Still a lot better than the stock mount however, but I did expect it to sit flush with the bumper as posted by the OP, so was this intended?

post-8360-0-85778900-1399962556_thumb.jpg

Hey Guys,

Just curious if anyone knows the answer to this, im getting a 4 digit slimline black plate soon.

Would 4 digits make the plate to small that you would see the mount sticking out from the left and right? OR would it cover up the mount completely? All the plates im seeing have at least 5-6 digits..

Cheers

Slimline 4 digit QLD plate is 291mm long the Street FX mount is 300mm long so yes the mount will stick out either end.

It would be a pretty simple job to trim the mount to stop it showing either side of the plate.

Slimline 4 digit QLD plate is 291mm long the Street FX mount is 300mm long so yes the mount will stick out either end.

It would be a pretty simple job to trim the mount to stop it showing either side of the plate.

Cheers! I am in VIC but i think the plate size is the same. 

I did have the idea of trimming the bracket but it seemed there wasnt enough space between the end of it and the screw in holes...

Did anyone else have the issue of the bolts that were sent with the bracket being the wrong thread size for the mount? Myself and three others have tried to get them in but it looks like I will have to spend additional money to buy bolts that actually do fit. The bolts from the original bracket are too short to fit. :( 

Did anyone else have the issue of the bolts that were sent with the bracket being the wrong thread size for the mount? Myself and three others have tried to get them in but it looks like I will have to spend additional money to buy bolts that actually do fit. The bolts from the original bracket are too short to fit. :(

Contact StreetFX and see what they say.  Are you facelift or pre facelift?  Don't know if there was a OEM change to mount at some point that StreetFX hasn't accounted for?

I bought and installed mine 5 years ago so can't remember, sorry.