wtf

86 GT & GTS / BRZ LED Foglight Upgrade (remove stock yellow halogen fogs)

**** TO PURCHASE THESE AND OTHER 86 RELATED ITEMS CLICK HERE ****

http://streetfx.com.au/store/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=193

Please note that the GT and GTS use different foglight bulbs

GTS: 5202 (PS24W)

GT: P13W

This instruction guide shows the GTS bulbs, so if you wish to order the GT type, please specify when you order.

Tools required: Philips head screwdriver, side cutters

The finished effect of this upgrade:

fog15.jpg

Ensure your lights have been off for a little while before starting this mod! (otherwise you may burn yourself)

CLICK PICS FOR FULLSIZE

Before pic:

fog1.jpg

Here is a picture of the PS24W Bulbs (GTS SPEC):

fog2.jpg

Turn your steering wheel to allow access to the inner guard. Locate and unscrew the clips that hold the inner guard in. A half turn then use fingernails or a flat head to pry the clips out.

fog3.jpg

Pull the inner guard back, and you can clearly see the stock bulb with a torch.

fog4.jpg

Push the tabs on the top and bottom firmly, and then pull the globe straight out.

fog5.jpg

Unclip the bulb. Here we compare the stock bulb vs the aftermarket (remember these will look a little different on the GT model). Please note that aftermarket LED bulbs all have the tabs in a slightly different spot. These aren't really required anyway, so just trim them off with side cutters:

fog6.jpg

When you go to plug the bulb in, ensure the tab on the side lines up, disregard the other tabs.

fog7.jpg

Test that the bulb works:

fog8.jpg

Push the bulb into its location, ensure the top and bottom tab locks in. Hold the front of the foglight with your other hand to stabilise it, and push the rear in until you hear the tabs click in:

fog9.jpg

Here is a comparison picture of the before and after:

fog10.jpg

fog12.jpg

And here is a comparison of the HID vs stock vs LED:

fog11.jpg

Here is the finished product:

fog13.jpg

fog14.jpg

fog15.jpg

Thanks to Mikalow86 for letting us use his car as a test bunny :)

Are the halogens better for vision than the LEDs? If they light up a similar amount I will get a set. I live in Bathurst and work in Orange which in the cooler months is a dark foggy trip.

Those clips are a huge bitch on the stock bulbs! When I pressed down on both to remove it from the housing both of them snapped off on one of the bulbs >_< So now I've got to get in there and cut the rest of the clips holding it in to be able to replace it, quite annoying :/

Once I sort that out this weekend I'll post some pics as well :D

Those clips are a huge bitch on the stock bulbs! When I pressed down on both to remove it from the housing both of them snapped off on one of the bulbs >_

Once I sort that out this weekend I'll post some pics as well :D

damn :(

I forgot to write in this guide how delicate they are.. I mentioned it in the HID guide, cos I broke mine myself lol

heres the bit I mentioned in the HID upgrade guide :

7.jpg

To release the bulb push the top and bottom tab. They are very delicate to be careful.

U mentioned...GTS: 5202 (PS24W), but in your price listing post says 3W? Refers to 3watts I assume?

And PS24W is 24 watts? Confused... Wanted exactly wat MAI86 got installed.:)

He got the 3W.. We have 6W versions coming as well, however they are still in transit and will be an extra $10-%15, it starts bordering on HID territory for cost, however are much simpler.

Sweep, the Halogens are brighter than the LEDs, this mod will mainly be for cosmetic improvement, if you want extra light output get the HID upgrade.