brianh

reversing camera

I have a 2013 86 gts and wanted to have a reversing camera fitted.  Contacted local toyota dealers at sutherland and hurstville in sydney but apparently they can't supply a genuine camera as fitted to the latest models, but might be able to fit an after market model.   Anyone done this and have suggestions of best fit for the car?

I had a front and rear camera fitted by Autobarn.

Does the trick avoiding pesky low concrete kerbs and great for parking. I have a switch for the front camera and the reverse camera operates when i click into Reverse Gear. There are two options for a screen: One through the HeadUnit ;the other option is an inbuilt screen into an additional reverse mirror which has a larger mirror and provides more viewing area [it goes over the top of the original mirror-hardly noticeabel] I went with the reverse mirror screen option, and has been great.

I have a 2013 86 gts and wanted to have a reversing camera fitted.  Contacted local toyota dealers at sutherland and hurstville in sydney but apparently they can't supply a genuine camera as fitted to the latest models, but might be able to fit an after market model.   Anyone done this and have suggestions of best fit for the car?

It is easy and cheap to d.i.y.  There are many posts and tutorials.  Search the various forums including ft86.com.

where exactly do you install the back up camera? Do you have to drill a new hole?

Pop your boot and you will see an round indent where the camera goes. This is my camera installed by ccs.

4d9e0f06143a55d8016a8efe4f3800cf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I found the standard position gave a weird view because it is off-centre.   Try a temporary attachment there e.g. with BluTak & see what you think.

I ended up cutting a neat hole just left of the boot release rubber and recessed the cam in there. 

I believe it is there but only as a faint VERY shallow depression in the plastic i.e. not a sharp line.  Check the position in the photo, clean the approximate area and try shining a light across to highlight a bit.