wtf

DIY: Modifying the VALENTI to for parking "V" AND brake FLASHER (F1 race style)

Ok, I figured it out. Here's the completed wiring for what I wanted. V on with parkers, triangle only lights up and flashes with brakes (no fog functionality). You don't need an extra wire, just tap the green wire into the blue parker wire and get rid of the red wire that went to the fog. Jump stop to fog with a small wire.1debbb55ba9d473274e35d926693b215.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hi All, 

I've been reading you guys replies and got to wonder where you are getting your parts from, I got mine from Mars Performance and I never had to open, solder or anything like that to make it work. All I had to do was install, fasten and splice one wire to one from my tail lights and done. I admit I've lost the rear fog light but I tend not to use them anyway because I find the HID and LED rears are bright enough. 

If you guys want I can take some pictures of my setup. Also my V light is sealed, I cant open it, not sure if thats a thing from Mars or what but yeah. 

Regards

Steve

Hi All, 

I've been reading you guys replies and got to wonder where you are getting your parts from, I got mine from Mars Performance and I never had to open, solder or anything like that to make it work. All I had to do was install, fasten and splice one wire to one from my tail lights and done. I admit I've lost the rear fog light but I tend not to use them anyway because I find the HID and LED rears are bright enough. 

If you guys want I can take some pictures of my setup. Also my V light is sealed, I cant open it, not sure if thats a thing from Mars or what but yeah. 

Regards

Steve

I got mine from thespeedline.com. Is yours stamped as a genuine Valenti product? (Check on the front at bottom right, it should say Valenti) You can buy another brand that looks very similar but isn't made by Valenti and doesn't require modification. Also, ours work fine out of the box (with splicing into the harness) but we wanted it to do something different than how it comes.

I just got my rear fog. I'm now wondering what happens when I just plug it in and solder the red wire in?

I'm wanting the red v on with fogs, the brake to flash 3 times then go solid. I don't mind if fog doesn't work but would prefer it did. Or do I have to mod it to do that?

Scratch that comment ^^^^

Is there a wiring diagram for the newer model of the light? From what I see from opening it up its different

I wasn't aware there was a newer model...I got mine a couple months ago and this is what they look like. Are yours genuine Valenti's? It should be stamped on the clear plastic.

I've installed mine as per the instructions and only getting the fog light and reverse light. No V light. Does anyone know which wire is specifically for the V?

Thanks