Sign in to follow this  
Zero00

Lakeside Track Day - 4 November 2013 - MX5 Club QLD

The MX5 Club of QLD is holding it's last Track Day for 2013 on MONDAY 4 November next

It will be a half-day event and all 86/BRZ drivers are welcome to come and join the crowd!

Requirements are shown on the attached:

http://www.mx5clubqld.com.au/?page_id=51

If you have any questions please make a post here or send me a PM

Spectators welcome and NO charge to come and watch - pit lane canteen will be open for hot food, coffee, drinks etc or pack your own picnic lunch!

BIG hat, sunscreen and fold-up chair are necessities

Thanks ;)

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A PROMOTION OF THE MX5 CLUB - IT'S AN INVITATION TO 86/BRZ OWNERS

Fingers crossed!!  This half-day event could well become a FULL day at half-day entry fee - will know in a week or so - this is thanks to the massive numbers we got for each of the five events this year which allows the additonal expense incurred for a full day

I will keep everyone informed ;)

Lakeside Monday 4 November has now been confirmed by the MX5 Club of Queensland Committee last Monday night as a FULL DAY on the track and at the normal HALF DAY entry fee!!

Flip back a few posts for links to details

If you just want to come along and watch the days activities feel free!  There is NO CHARGE to watch, full access is available to the pits and there are many viewing areas around the track you can go either by foot or car to see the action

A good high speed camera is needed for some of the faster guys but for those with a 1953 Box Brownie I will be there and you are bound to get a shot without having to pan fast!!

A canteen is situated in pit lane for hot food, coffee, tea and drinks etc but you are able to pack your own picnic etc with your favourite goodies!

A MUST is sunscreen, a good hat, fold-up chair etc, find a good place and set yourself up!

Some of the faster cars can lap at under 1:00.00 and a few that choose to take it easy range from 1:15 to 1:25, they go in the slower group but have as much fun as those in Group 1

Any questions etc make a post here or flick me a message and I will get back to you ;)

I'll try and come along Roger!

Always welcome mate, it has to be the absolute BEST value for a full day on track!!  KU36's have now done over 500 laps at QR and Lakeside and still good 'meat' left on them, but I will organise a new set for 2014

I just hope the weather stays as it is right now ..  dry!! ;)

Monday is the day, less than 48 hours away now!!

All welcome to come along and spectate at NO charge! Canteen facilities available it the pits, should be 45-50 cars running, MX5's as well as 'other makes'

You can still roll up on the day but you will have to have a CTP extension from the Insurance Company that is on your rego papers - maybe a little late for that but it CAN be organised and 'sighting' of it sent by email is sufficient

I'm really looking forward to it but I know after a full day I will be totally stuffed by Monday night! Anyone wanting more info you can ring me on 0412 22 0612

As soon as dates are available for 2014 I will post them

For the record, the 'other makes' Class is being led by a '92 Corolla GTi running an MR2 supercharged engine - he may not be the fastest but consistancy has again paid off for him

Roger

It sure was but i'm paying for it today!! Just as well I have the day off, had the 86 in for the first 9 month service - all good!

Yes, I managed TEN [10] runs that totalled 70 laps, didn't manage a PB, missed that by 0.34 secs, the track went 'off' under cloud after lunch and quite a few of the runners were 2-3 secs a lap slower

Didn't see any 86's apart from Carol & Alan from the Gold Coast who cruised thru the pits and were made very welcome by all

At around 2.44 into the video you see a white MX5 hardtop with rear wing, this guy laps in 57 seconds!! He built the car himself and it just keeps getitng faster - where you see him he goes thru the left hand kink at just over 220kph!!

One main rule Pleb when running 'Sprints' - you can only overtake on the straights and not in corners - 95% of the cars are road registered and 'daily drives'

Thanks for the video!! A job well done!!

Wow, that is one seriously quick '5!  Glad you liked the video, its a hobby of mine that I hope to turn into a profession one day.  I love Lakeside, too, especially after some hot laps with Jim Richards in one of his Porsches!  :-)

Wow, that is one seriously quick '5!  Glad you liked the video, its a hobby of mine that I hope to turn into a profession one day.  I love Lakeside, too, especially after some hot laps with Jim Richards in one of his Porsches!  :-)

Hope you don't mind but I posted it to 'MX5 CarTalk' website so guys who ran yesterday can enjoy as well and that could account if the 'views' jumps up

I guess you do know that when an event is on like yesterday you can drive down thru the tunnel into the infield. Sorry I didn't catch up and was also wondering if you were in something other than your 86

The blue '44' car is also one of the fastest non-turbo 5's around, it was being driven by Cal the owner and his father Garry, Cal laps 61's and Garry laps around 64's. The red Corolla is a GTi running an MR2 supercharged engine that he has just built up over almost 4 years, the white Celica was a $350 E-Bay special that a 16yo put together also over the past 4 years!

It's a great Club and the 86/BRZ community will always be welcome at attend and compete if they choose - both marques are what I call 'enthusiasts' cars in difference to the boring 'daily drives'

Link to MX5 Car Talk topic page:

http://mx5cartalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=59878&p=762739#p762739

Link to 'Natsoft' results page:

http://racing.natsoft.com.au/636770328/object_7888432.86U/View?1

Thanks again

Edit: After running #141 for the last 3 years I've decided on a change and one guess?  Yes  '86' !!

No, that's fine, share the video around.  I knew I could go inside, but I was strapped for time so just took some footage around the outside.  Unfortunately, I'm in the pre-pre-86 stage, I guess ... that is I need so save some money, then place an order, then wait patiently for the car of my dreams.  Until then, my Yaris will have to do!  :-)

Great mate, I will post it to the 86/BRZ facebook site ;)

Edit: 7.21pm

Not sure if you have had a run in an 86/BRZ so let me know and if you are close to here we can organise something like a run up to Maleny or similar for a coffee so you get a good idea of the car

I've actually rented a couple of 86's from Hertz, one in Sydney and one on Sunday just gone, and as it happens, we headed straight for Maleny!  Enjoyed it thoroughly, both on the windy stuff and the boring peak hour run to work as well.  I'd definitely love to catch up with some of the 86 guys and check out the cars, but I'm also already smitten!  Here's a pic when I checked how the 86 would look in my garage ... pretty good if I say so myself!  :-)

post-7604-0-94069900-1383814812_thumb.gif