Sign in to follow this  
Zero00

QR Track Day 9 September 2013 - MX5 Club of QLD

The MX5 Club of QLD is having round 5 of it's Championship at Queensland Raceway on MONDAY 9 September next

If you would like to run your 86/BRZ check out the following link for details or PM me. Spectators are welcome and NO charge to get in!!

http://mx5cartalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=59145&p=745304#p745304

Just go back and start reading from page 1

QR is much more 'open' than Lakeside, the ARMCO barriers are not as invasive there and lots of runoff areas! Given no incidents, I managed 9 runs for the afternoon and could have done 10, that's GREAT value and you DONT have to run every run if you don't want to. The link will lead you to all requirements, costs etc so please read carefully!!

The CTP slip is a Queensland requirement, obtained from the Insurer who appears on your registration papers and from most at NO charge

post-4730-0-06174600-1375354860_thumb.jpg

Reminder this coming Monday at Queensland Raceway - 1/2 day MX5 Club Track Day

All welcome, no cost to come and watch, wander thru the pits, ask questions, take photos!

Bring a fold-up chair, shade available, canteen open or bring your own!!

Why a Monday?  Track hire costs are much cheaper than weekends resulting in lower entry fees

Well today was the day, I arrived at QR without trying the helmet on to see if it cleared the places i'd had surgery but it did!!

As I watched the constant procession of MX5's arriving I noticed a beautiful GTS86 arrive, full TRD kit etc - welcome TRD86!!

What a fantastic value packed day!!  We did 5 runs on the Clubman Circuit and then swapped to the Sprint Circuit where I did another three before calling it a day and managed a PB on the latter by over 1.2 seconds after 3 years running on it!

Not to be outdone, TRD86 moved up from group 4 to my group and I said 'you go in front of me, our times are within 0,5 sec of each other'  - that was that! Well done TRD86 to continue on and blitz me!! Excellent times and just bloody awesome considering your FIRST time out on a track!

So much value, I think TRD86 got in at least 8 runs, maybe 9, incredible for a half day on the track!!

Next meet is Lakeside, last fr the year on 4 November [Monday] and ALL 86/BRZ'S are welcome - if you haven't run before we always have the 'slow group' where you get used to th car and if need be like TRD86, get advanced up a group

Awesome day for all by the sound of it..

It sure was Zoe, got a little hot during the day but the car ran awesome and handled fantastic but after a few runs there was no catching TRD86!! His car has the full TRD kit, wheels and brakes etc, looks fantastic and attracted a lot of attention as well

I didn't think I would get in the groove considering all of the past 6 weeks but it was good! Left there 5.05pm with another MX5 behind and we arrived BP Northbound Burpengary via the CITY at 6.25pm!!  I was home just on 7pm so ready for bed now as work tomorrow :(  I could have had tomorrow off but considering the past few weeks said 'no, I will be there!'