wtf

[SALE] 86 GT HID upgrade kit with DIY GUIDE! (including parking lights)

86 GT HID upgrade kit with DIY GUIDE

Thanks to Cory for giving us his GT model to play with smile.gif

The kits are NOT the cheap china spec kits most ebay sellers have. We use GERMAN ballasts, but supply them in blank boxes to keep costs down (we dont waste time on fancy pretty magnetic boxes).

To purchase the Upgrade kits, please email [email protected], titled '86FORUMS HID UPGRADE' and we will provide further information.

Our kits have full Australian Warranties, and we installed them on a local vehicle to verify 100% compatibility. Should anything go wrong with your units, we will exchange straight away, no need to be shipping back overseas.

Cheap china kits have low quality bulbs which can result in premature yellowing of your lenses.

Here is the finished product - HID and parker upgrade:

parker_and_hid.jpg

Anyway, onto the DIY smile.gif

HID AND LED PARKING LIGHT UPGRADE

Ditch those terrible yellow halogens, make your car look almost like a GTS!

Time required: Should take around 20 minutes or so.

Disclaimer: THIS INFORMATION IS PURELY FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY! Street FX takes NO RESPONSIBILITY for any damage or potential damage this alteration may cause. We have tested this to the best of our ability, and it is a VERY straight forward procedure, so we expect no troubles. But if you do something silly and scratch your car in the process, don't blame us!

hid_compare.jpg

Tools & Equipment required:

* 2x Street FX T10 5 SMD Multidirectional LEDs (steer clear of cheap china leds, they flicker and 2-3 of the 5 LEDs will mostly fail within months)

* Pair Street FX Digital Vision German Ballasts (flicker free, slimline, with warranty) [iNCLUDED IN KIT]

* Pair Street FX HID 6000k H11 bulbs (or 8000k, if you want a bluer look, 6000k is recommended for most people though) [iNCLUDED IN KIT

* Wiring loom [iNCLUDED IN KIT]

* 2x Zipties

To purchase the Upgrade kits, please email [email protected], titled '86FORUMS HID UPGRADE' and we will provide further information.

Procedure:

1) Turn Headlights off

2) Pop Bonnet

3) Locate lowbeam bulb (these cars are very easy to work on, it wont be hard!)

hid2.jpg

4) Unplug bulb connector

hid1.jpg

5) Twist the stock bulb and remove it, be careful not to touch the glass.

6) Unpack your HID kit and remove the HID bulb, carefully insert it into the slot

hid3.jpg

7) Twist lock the bulb into place.

hid4.jpg

8) Plug all the connectors into place (as per the HID instruction manual, but it is VERY straight forward. The only tricky bit is that the red loom connector going to the ballast connects BACKWARDS to what the clip suggests. Most Toyotas are like this for some reason. Don't stress. If you get it wrong, nothing will break, you just need to reverse polarity of this connector. Once you get it around the right way (after testing), use a ziptie, or some electrical tape to hold the connectors together, as the clip will be facing backwards and will not automatically lock the ballast plug in.

hid5.jpg

hid6.jpg

9) We were in a rush, so we opted to tuck the ballasts and wiring into the gap near the wheel well, but we firmly suggest mounting them properly.

hid7.jpg

hid8.jpg

10) Turn lights on and ensure they both still work. If the HID isn't working, flick polarity as mentioned in Point 8.

hid_compare.jpg

11) Now do the other side..

hid9.jpg

hid10.jpg

12) Your HID's are now DONE!!

hid12.jpg

PARKING LIGHTS:

parker_compare.jpg

Now that the HID's are done you will notice the parking lights SUCK and are yellow

So we of course need to rectify that ASAP.

Pic of New HID with old Parker:

parker1.jpg

Pic of parking light on it's own:

parker2.jpg

1) Turn Parking lights off.. They are hot and will burn when you remove the globes.

2) Pop the bonnet.

3) Locate the parking light tab behind the headlight, and twist it to unlock

parker3.jpg

4) Remove the old halogen bulb, being careful not to burn yourself

parker4.jpg

5) Insert your new multidirectional LED into the slot (turn your parking lights on to ensure you got the LED around the right way, if it doesn't light up, rotate it 180 degrees and try again).

parker5.jpg

6) Re-insert the Parking light into the headlight, and twist lock it into place.

7) Repeat for the other side.

parker7.jpg

parker8.jpg

8) You are done!! Stand back and take a look at your almost-GTS LED front end..

parker9.jpg

The final product - 6000k HIDs, and 8000k LED Parking lights:

parker_and_hid.jpg

DONE!!!

I like this :) StreetFX, could you give me a PM for a price for just low beams.

Lowbeams without parkers? might as well get the full kit and use the parkers in the license plate spot! else just minus $8.

Lowbeams without parkers? might as well get the full kit and use the parkers in the license plate spot! else just minus $8.

I've already done a full LED conversion to the car :( haha. Looks much better than stock, but your parkers seem a bit more "white" than mine. Mine look very blue (which I don't really mind).

Foglight kits were a test item. We werent sure of people's desire to install as they aren't 100% plug and play (as per the DIY).

We have a couple left I think, we bought 3000k, 6000k, 8000k and 10000k samples. I think 6000k and 3000k is left. I can check at office.

Shoot us an email to [email protected] if interested.

Foglight kits were a test item. We werent sure of people's desire to install as they aren't 100% plug and play (as per the DIY).

We have a couple left I think, we bought 3000k, 6000k, 8000k and 10000k samples. I think 6000k and 3000k is left. I can check at office.

Shoot us an email to [email protected] if interested.

Is it legal to put HIDs in a GT? Is it enough for insurance to deny a payout even if they weren't related to the incident?

Just a query on these kits, I bought one a little while ago, and I find if the light stalk is switched to headlights on and I start the car sometimes only 1 of the headlights come on? yet if I leave the lights off and then start the car and then turn the headlights on both come on? is that something that is common with these HIDS? its not really an issue but I would prefer not to have to turn the headlights off at all

I have special GT DRLs coming soon so this might be a mute point but would like to see if others are getting the same result or if I just have a dud ballast?

Just a query on these kits, I bought one a little while ago, and I find if the light stalk is switched to headlights on and I start the car sometimes only 1 of the headlights come on? yet if I leave the lights off and then start the car and then turn the headlights on both come on? is that something that is common with these HIDS? its not really an issue but I would prefer not to have to turn the headlights off at all

I have special GT DRLs coming soon so this might be a mute point but would like to see if others are getting the same result or if I just have a dud ballast?

Hey mate, sorry I didnt see this question til now. This sounds like the engine start is draining the battery during turn over which makes the voltage lower than safe level for the ballast. The easiest solution for this is if you run a relay kit I would think. Its an issue I had not encountered previously as most of the cars that use aftermarket HIDs dont run auto headlights.

LOL german ballast? Only china use those ballast box.

One would hope that you have a reasonable basis to make such a statement. Unless you've seen this product, assumptions are best kept to yourself given that someone's reputation is at stake.

I've only just ordered from StreetFX but I have faith that someone who has put so much time into sourcing and testing various items wouldn't misrepresent their products.

A bit of thought before making such comments might be an idea