Sign in to follow this  
Joey86

Joey's Daily Drive - Toyota Supra (NA)

Well now that I'm getting an 86 GTS, here's my previous ride, my cherry black Supra. I luckily picked it up from one of my friend's mates, he imported the 2JZ engine and re-built the body, he wasn't using it  because he was fixing 2 other ones which were twin-turbo for AutoSalon, so over time here are the things I put in.

- Kakimoto Full Mega N1 exhaust

- 19 inch speedy cheetah wheels, wrapped in Sumitomo HZRIII's (staggered with 19" 245's in the front & 19" 275's in the back, previously 17" 225's front & 17" 255's back)

- BC Coilovers V1 VS

- Exedy Heavy Duty clutch

- Re-conditioned gearbox

- Re-conditoned Diff

- Re-conditoned A/C

- Re-conditoned Harmonic Balancer (after the 1st one split and came off while I was driving)

- Bomex aero kit

996721_10151647510276132_1978239395_n.jp

When I first got my ride

5496_101693621131_1444354_n.jpg

Curse me and m capped internet! I must wait patiently for the pics to load!

FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMS!

I must say this is one of the nicer supras ive seen!

Also, I must ask being a p plater myself, how are the NA supras to drive?

i had a 96 na supra, really loved that car, should never have sold it, will def have another one in the future, this looks like a really neat example.

you planning on keeping it and the 86??

Curse me and m capped internet! I must wait patiently for the pics to load!

FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMS!

I must say this is one of the nicer supras ive seen!

Also, I must ask being a p plater myself, how are the NA supras to drive?

It's pretty nice to drive, I'm also a P plater, although you get some attention from the cops especially being a P plater, its quite nice to drive, the sumitomo's and BC coilover's I put on there give it a nice ride for the car, it sort of hugs the road and there's plenty of power there when you need it being a 3.0L 2JZ 5 speed manual, auto versions of the Supra in my opinion don't let you push it as you'd want to.

i had a 96 na supra, really loved that car, should never have sold it, will def have another one in the future, this looks like a really neat example.

you planning on keeping it and the 86??

Yeah planning to keep both the Supra and the 86, although my 70yr old dad might be driving my baby a bit which is a bit worrying because knowing him being so old, that the last time he drove a manual sportcar was when jesus was born, but I'll be keeping her in great condition when I'm not driving my 86 though :D

Thanks for the responses guys!

The reason i asked was i was actually looking into getting an NA Supra, but my parents offered to help me pay for an 86. It being  a new and safer car compared to the supras/silvias etc

Yeah planning to keep both the Supra and the 86, although my 70yr old dad might be driving my baby a bit which is a bit worrying because knowing him being so old, that the last time he drove a manual sportcar was when jesus was born, but I'll be keeping her in great condition when I'm not driving my 86 though :D

put the coil overs as high as they will go (or revert to stock bumper) as a 70yo wont think about that for sure, good work keeping both!!

The reason i asked was i was actually looking into getting an NA Supra, but my parents offered to help me pay for an 86. It being  a new and safer car compared to the supras/silvias etc

as a young driver get the 86 and keep the aids ON unless you are very specific and dont over do your ability. will be safer for you and having woned both the 86 would be the better car is my10c

as a young driver get the 86 and keep the aids ON unless you are very specific and dont over do your ability. will be safer for you and having woned both the 86 would be the better car is my10c

The driving aids will definitely stay on with the exception of track/skidpan days at Sydney motorsport park. :)

Yeah I totally agree with Ferdie, like yes you won't have the power there that the Supra has to leave a 'ford fairmont station wagon' in the dust haha....but the 86 is pretty responsive and safe, like personally I was upset to be stepping down from a 3.0L to a 2.0L but you tell me where's a good road in Sydney that you can push that power that a Supra has without getting pulled over by the cops....yes the 86 has less power but its fun, plus for me I won't need to fill $80 of premium every week and a half - two weeks cause I slam the power while at the same time looking out for cops haha.  :D

Yeah I totally agree with Ferdie, like yes you won't have the power there that the Supra has to leave a 'ford fairmont station wagon' in the dust haha....but the 86 is pretty responsive and safe, like personally I was upset to be stepping down from a 3.0L to a 2.0L but you tell me where's a good road in Sydney that you can push that power that a Supra has without getting pulled over by the cops....yes the 86 has less power but its fun, plus for me I won't need to fill $80 of premium every week and a half - two weeks cause I slam the power while at the same time looking out for cops haha.  :D

I know that feel, using under 10L/100 to smash around the suburbs helped the pain a lot though