What have you done to your 86/BRZ today?

• Please log in to reply
1329 replies to this topic

MattW

MattW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationHolsworthy NSW

Had not much work on today, so I went home early, and got stuck into the Beatrush Rear Strut brace that just turned up.  Nice, easy install, and other than trimming some foam, took bugger all to pull off.

Attached File  IMAG0112.jpg   109.3K   32 downloads

And the best part is, I get to keep my boot space!

Attached File  IMAG0113.jpg   71.75K   32 downloads

• Pleb likes this

2014 (MY15) Toyota 86 GTS Aero Pack                            Whiteline Stuff                                                    Eibach Sways                                            WHO NEEDS MONEY WHEN YOU HAVE TOYS!!!!

TRD Stuff                                                                     Sprintex Supercharger                                          Beatrush Rear Strut Brace

JunBL R Type Exhaust                                                    Sparco 18x8's and Nitto NT05 235's                       Subaru Forster Oil Cooler

Juvenile

Juvenile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationSydney

file_zps029946ed.jpg

Chongy

Chongy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Locationcentral coast
^ Nice
  • Juvenile likes this
GT86 Duff Man Says " OHH YEA!!! "

MattW

MattW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationHolsworthy NSW

TRD Underbody Brace kit.  I forgot to take pic's until the end.

Attached File  IMAG0115.jpg   60.87K   18 downloads

Basically it replaces the front steering arm braces, puts in additional bracing between the rear of the front sway bar subframe and the steering actuator, additional bracing from the rear link swing point to the front of the Diff subframe (Above), and additional bracing between the rear bumper support.  All pretty straight forward to fit, didn't even have to remove the rear bumper to get the rear support in, so stoked with that.

2014 (MY15) Toyota 86 GTS Aero Pack                            Whiteline Stuff                                                    Eibach Sways                                            WHO NEEDS MONEY WHEN YOU HAVE TOYS!!!!

TRD Stuff                                                                     Sprintex Supercharger                                          Beatrush Rear Strut Brace

JunBL R Type Exhaust                                                    Sparco 18x8's and Nitto NT05 235's                       Subaru Forster Oil Cooler

speeedy

speeedy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

ive got a standard GT and stereo sounded crap with any kind of volume

speakers obviously not up to the job!

so got some cadence splits 200w, 6 &1/2" mid woofers, Polymide Tweeters, and crossover boxs. theyre like half price on RYDA at the moment bout $70

http://www.ryda.com....kers-p/xs6k.htm

i found this great link that helped with wiring it in,

http://gt86.com.au/f...e-colours-3402/

simply cut off the plug going into the stock tweeter on dash. wire up the crossover for two wires coming from headunit, the other two on this plug wire up the woofers in doors and you just wire up the new tweeter from the last two left at the crossover.

next took the door cards off to access the speakers, removed these and wired up the new speakers. your gonna need speaker spacers to fit these too. Also when I researched what size would fit they all said 6 1/2'' but 7 or maybe 7 and half would fit easy. the speaker hole is way bigger than 6.5"

easy install to do your self with the wiring explained. cost was only $70 and some spare spacers I had laying around. Of course you can spend a fortune on speakers, but these are great value and quite well made.

after a week of use speakers are sounding great, can handle the louder volume much better. tweaked setting on the head unit to increase bass and reduce treble a touch. All up very happy with the result!!

MattW

MattW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationHolsworthy NSW

Attached File  IMAG0121.jpg   52.79K   22 downloads

Stick on window bonnet Aero... Thing.  That does stuff.  I... think?

MattW

MattW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationHolsworthy NSW

TRD Rear trailing arms and Links.  Just like the Toyota ones, but with stickers!

Attached File  hAxo8gR-5HALKa0BDx_lTMkJv9MHMPFvEkil_9qrSCY=w1677-h974-no.jpg   74.55K   20 downloads

MattW

MattW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationHolsworthy NSW

TRD fender extensions, to take some of the gap out, and just make things a little wider.

Attached File  IMAG0130.jpg   74.05K   19 downloads

jacksgt86

jacksgt86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

got my HKS ob link plugged in

• Hawk likes this

COO86L

COO86L

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Hi guys! This be my first post every oh em gee!

Today I did a biiiiig order list for my nice new 86. List includes:

Perrin Strut Brace

Perrin 2.5" Catback with Resinator

Tomei UEL Headers

Tomei Overpipe

MCA Blues

KDT925 bushes

Soon to order one piece aluminium driveshaft also and tossing up if I want the Billet Power blocks. Anyone got those?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users