True, so varex is a no

paulbagz

paulbagz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
Bummer.

Was hoping to have the variability as I'm not an overly large fan of the "double bunger fart pipe rice burner"-esque exhausts that I see on so many Asian made cars nowdays.

Wanted to do more of a sleeper/quiet aspect but open it up as much as needed when performance/noise demanded it.

Back to the (legal) drawing board :D

-PB

Bren

Bren

Forum Guru

• Moderators
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationToowoomba
As of right now, no matter how it is connected, it is illegal. It doesn't matter how your mate has his set up, if he gets pulled over and it is noticed, he will get defected for it. It's not that hard to keep your exhaust to a decent level anyway. What's the point in having a ridiciulously loud exhaust?

Typhoon

Typhoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
He drives a chaser so he has somthing wrong to start with

Bren

Bren

Forum Guru

• Moderators
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationToowoomba
Chasers are awesome. What model?

Typhoon

Typhoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
Tourer 1j turbo he is finally getting around to rims n coils this weekend i think theres a photo of it in my build thread

paulbagz

paulbagz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Does anyone know if there is any legality in regards to the number of catalytic converters on a car?

Aka if the car at OEM state has two, you must have two as well?

I know you must have at least one, just needed to check if the same number had to apply as well.

Cheers,

-PB

ferdie

ferdie

Forum Guru

• Moderators
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationKingaroy

if you have it engineered you will have no problems, the intent of the NCOP is that it has to pass a level of emissions, so if you can achieve this then you are right.

but the onus will be on you to prove you comply, only way to do this is to have it tested once installed and prove via engineering that it does comply

all that said I cant think of anyone who has done this....  but to the letter of the ncop that is what would be required to be compliant....

paulbagz

paulbagz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Going to say, how on Earth (or who rather) would you be able to prove it works correctly?

Would things like HKS Catted Front Pipes be specific to these sorts of norms?

-PB

ferdie

ferdie

Forum Guru

• Moderators
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationKingaroy

any engineer that does ICV engineering has to do this as part of the testing, basically they have whats known as a "sniffer" (gas analyser) that gets put up the tail pipe, you rev to a prescribed rpm and it takes a reading.

I have seen and have had friends tested at the base of nebo

if you could get a certificate or similar with the exhaust then it could be possible to prove compliance, however im not sure if any company would provide that. ive never seen it from working /playing in the industry. that said you could possibly have a print out from a dyno place that could show an attempt to comply with the requirements.

best to talk to an engineer if you are worried

• paulbagz likes this

paulbagz

paulbagz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Cheers Ferdie.

Just don't want to give the 5-0 any particular reason to hammer me on the side of the road haha.

-PB

alexandrajackson

alexandrajackson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Just got a brand new Xforce Exhaust installed on my sports car and it sound super great and powerful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users