7 replies to this topic

ZAZ

ZAZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationWestern District

First I fell over the Power steering recall.

Then got spun by secretary no details on service on your car due to privacy provisions.

Then got spun by SM saying recall done.

Called the Toyota recall hotline  and I got the answer I needed and what was a legal obligation.

The factory recall was done at 3000 km.

I have a warranty book which had the free red service voucher torn out and not one other single entry in six years

Great one Toyota dealer makes it hard to prove the speedo has not been wound back,

no one will believe that I have a 4500 km 86 6 years old.

You claim oil and filter changes have been done what every 1000 km?

I saw the oil that came out no way Jose!!

The previous owner had a Toyota service deal of capped at $170 and for all intensive purposes nothing was done to that car in six years.

We drained the diff and gearbox oil and kept it for testing and PH just in case.

Cleaned the magnetic plugs of the sludge also.

Why could you not fill in the extra service section and stamp it officially.

Oh what a feeling !!

1968 Series II Corona 1600S1974 RT104 MQFG Corona GT1989 JDM ST185R All Track GT4 95000 km 2005 ACA22R RAV2012 ZN6 86GT 5000 km <p>

Cake Eater

Cake Eater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Recall should be recorded under your vin if it was done, this isn't hard for a Toyota service department to check.

Servicing:

You wouldn't believe how many people rarely service there car, I would hazard to guess the reason it has no service history is that it hasn't been serviced when the girl owned it.

This is the reason alot of new cars end up fucked after 5 years, bearings aren't a fan of old oil, especially with the tolerances and heat of modern engines

I never buy anything without service history, or at least signs of servicing.

Anyways, flush everything and start a service history and you should be fine, you've only lost the first 4.5k

ZZT86

ZZT86

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Why pay $30K for a brand new car & not service it  - and at only $170 a pop for 1st 3 years? Dealer should be able to disclose cars full service history by printing out copy of RO on file. It all seems dodgy to me, a car without service history almost becomes worthless.

steve99

steve99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

See if you can get dealer to update engine ECU as well a 2012 will have an old ZA1J500G or ZA1J700G rom, you rearly want at least 3 revisions later a ZA1JA01G rom assuming your manual trans.

anything earlier than A01G did not have the transient ignition retard mod and they knock a lot on high rpm shifts can cause failure of direct injector seals.

always run 98 petrol

• ZZT86 likes this

ZZT86

ZZT86

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

^^ yep 100%

Cake Eater

Cake Eater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I know of of lots of cars that don't get serviced, my missus boss got some $150k Audi that has never been serviced, or even cleaned for that matter the interior is trashed, the paint is scratched as well, he said he isn't really interested in it and will just trade it in and get another one in a year or so.

It's hard to believe this happens, but, not everyone is a car buff, most people give no fucks about their car, it's only something to get them from A to B.

This is why it is so important to only purchase vehicles with a comprehensive service history, if not you playing Russian roulette with rounds in 5 of the 6 cylinders, it ain't gonna turn out well real quick.

ZZT86

ZZT86

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Yeah some ppl are either lazy, unwilling to spend on servicing despite the cost of the car or so rich they'll just get another before too long.

I can remember many moons ago a Toyota tech I know told me about brand spanking new gen7 celica which spun a bearing & grenaded itself - no service/oil change for more than 40K kms !

ZAZ

ZAZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationWestern District

Thanks for input everyone.

Going into local Toyota dealer for proactive approach he suggests start at the 27 month which has replaceables and then drop back to the15000 until we are caught up.

Thanks for reading.

1968 Series II Corona 1600S1974 RT104 MQFG Corona GT1989 JDM ST185R All Track GT4 95000 km 2005 ACA22R RAV2012 ZN6 86GT 5000 km <p>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users