Question about mods

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Jmcguire86

Jmcguire86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone I have only just joined this forum I own a 2015 86 black edition I was going to ask anyone how much it would cost for upgrades to my 86 to get a bit better performance from it like a tune headers exhaust etc thank you! :)
  • xvxvsd352 likes this

steve99

steve99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

http://www.ft86club....ead.php?t=81493

Cake Eater

Cake Eater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Depends on brand name for parts, my X Force header back exhaust is going for $1300(ish)AU, they also do a header for around $600(ish)AU, BUT, as stated prices vary, especially when you factor in postage.

There are a huge amount of different brand name exhausts to choose from, most will have similar performance gains, the biggest difference is the noise a out the back and the drone in the cabin, the material it is made from will also affect the price and sound (Ti), a catless 2.5" full system can be loud, a 3" system can sound like arse, my 2.5" header back with a highflow cat is as loud as I would go, a catless header on top of what I have would be to loud for a street car I believe, and from the small gain in performance it wasn't worth the extra outlay.

Tuning prices will also vary greatly, whether you get a tablet, ECUTEK or stand alone.

A open flash tablet is a budget option, and your still going to need a proper tune, the generic tunes are far from perfect, they also fall down on features, you can pick them up used, so if your on a tight budget and are willing to skimp a bit that may be a option, you will need to ensure that the thing will pair with the AU ECU though, but in the end I'm not sure on them, I researched them for about 2 minutes before deciding to give them a miss.

IMO a ECUTEK and some dyno time is the best place to be, I used ECUTEK on my old 2015 STI and it was faultless, plus the RACEROM features are a bonus, cost? you should be able to get a ECUTEK tune by a good tuner for around the $1500 mark

You could get a stand alone, but, do you really need it, I would say no, unless you are doing a engine swap or you are turning it into a race car, I think the cost start at around $2000 just for the units, then additional fitting and tuning costs on top.

TL;DR, get whatever exhaust that you like the sound of, a header to suit if you want, and a ECUTEK with some dyno time at a top tuner, easily doable for under $3000 if you fit the exhaust.

Power results WILL vary, get a before and after graph, noise WILL vary greatly.

Not all tuners are good, or honest, it's hard finding a good tuner, people will always say their tuner is best, do your research.

Cake Eater

Cake Eater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Disclaimer to my last post:

If your staying NA you will NOT see big power gains, the car will be much better than stock though.

Opinions and "claims" may vary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users