• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

ZZT86

ZZT86

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

^^ It appears Toyota/Subaru have a new "get out of jail" card - if it's faulty they will just say "it's a normal characteristic of the car". In others words they're all faulty ! This car makes a lot of noises that's pretty much "characteristic" of the breed, I have chosen to ignore most of them with my STI axle back & UEL rumble :lol: Let us know if they replace your HPF pump with some new design & it fixes the problem.

ps: all cars have issues, even new ones.

• howareyoukk likes this

gattman

gattman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Of the two 86's I've owned, the current one 2017 GTS is very quiet for what it is. The car's aren't lined with noise reduction materials like a Camry, that has a noise liner, something like carpet, in the rear wheel wells. I upgraded my sound system two weeks ago and have installed noise deadening material in the two doors. This has made a huge difference to the noise level. If you don't like the noise , you can go further and line the roof and the boot, or for that matter the entire inside of the car. However be weary that this adds weight. Oh not that my first, 2013 GTS was any different in the noise department, than the 2017.

• howareyoukk likes this

howareyoukk

howareyoukk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Hi all, thanks for the input. I got back from test driving another in store 2016 or 2017 gt 86 demo (the one with new front grill) and it exhibits the same noise between the exact same rpm range. considering the demo only has 3000 km, I would think its a fairly new car and unlikely exhibits any mechanical issues and yet it shows the exact same sound characteristic as my used car. I guess I have to take it as normal at this point. thanks. :)

• ZZT86 likes this

howareyoukk

howareyoukk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

AM I being paranoid ?..  so the car I test drove few days ago is not at the dealership anymore, at least I didn't spot it when I walked pass..  is it possible they deliberately let me try out a so called demo car but with a similar noise issue and tricked me in believing  its a common issue for the 86 but privately they understood it was indeed a problem and thats why they moved the car to the garage and tried to fix it.. and the reason they didn't want me to think its uncommon was because they didn't wanna spend time on my car, since its a used model and I did not get it from them...

howareyoukk

howareyoukk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

so I was doing some further readings on multiple forums tonight and found a post from an American forum attached with the following clip from youtube, that demonstrated my exact problem to the point where I thought I was the ONE who videotaped it. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=gcvI-anyCX4

unfortunately, the person who owns the video does not seem to solve the issue as there weren't any replies from him from either the forum or youtube...Please have a listen to it and tell me what you guys think of it thanks ! I am still annoyed by this issue after my visit to the dealership. 

manzac006

manzac006

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

What's the problem? I know I'm wondering. I'm a newbie for this.World knowledge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users