Best head unit on the market?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

nextlane

nextlane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Been meaning to change my head unit for a while, especially being quoted the map update cost. Just wondering if there are any good head units out there worth getting?

Dave

Hawk

Hawk

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 557 posts
  • LocationShelbyville QLD : )

Depends on your needs and wants and budget etc.

Do you need a CD player?

Do you need inbuilt navigation?

Do you need Apple CarPlay or Android Auto?

Do you want it to be the same size as the original or are you happy to go to the standard width and have the little blanks either side?

Do you want to be able to read all your engine stats?

Pretty much any headunit will be better than stock for responsiveness and speed.

2013 C7P 86 GTS AT

1991 Red Celica GT4 Grp A Rallye #069 SOLD :)  :(  :)  :( 

nextlane

nextlane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Pretty much something that would replace the headunit in terms of fitting, I do not need CD player or all the other fancy stuff. Car is boosted, so it would be cool to see engine stats. Most important feature is the navigation. Apple car play. I've set myself a budget of about 5k max for a unit.

ZZT86

ZZT86

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

5K budget for a HU  & you don't want fancy stuff? OK, easy. Just get the best Alpine double din going. The stocky is OK especially if you don't use it much. Perhaps like you I just listen to the engine & exhaust :)

nextlane

nextlane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

5K budget for a HU  & you don't want fancy stuff? OK, easy. Just get the best Alpine double din going. The stocky is OK especially if you don't use it much. Perhaps like you I just listen to the engine & exhaust :)

Thanks I'll have a look at them. 

I tend to whine my windows up 90% of times and hide behind the tint, cause so many douches bagging out the 86 lol.

Hawk

Hawk

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 557 posts
  • LocationShelbyville QLD : )

I'm personally looking at the Kenwood DDX917WS

It has both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.  CD player and also is made for Toyotas with all the harnesses plus is 200mm wide and fills the space in the dash without needing the spacers either side.

http://carboncarsyst...x917ws-release/

2013 C7P 86 GTS AT

1991 Red Celica GT4 Grp A Rallye #069 SOLD :)  :(  :)  :( 

ZZT86

ZZT86

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

^^ The Kenwood is a good unit, new too & not to badly priced although you would have to mirror the Maps info from your phone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users