As title suggests, I’m looking at adding some forced induction to my 86 and am 95% certain on the Harrop Supercharger but am open to any other suggestions before i pull the pin. Below will be details and questions in order for you guys to help with my decision.
Current mod list:
Toyota GT86 GTS Manual MY15 currently has 13,500km.
Whiteline postive shift kit
Whiteline diff bushes
Whiteline subframe bushes
JDL UEL headers chrome ceramic coated
Havoc Custom over pipe/front pipe and cat back, 2.5inch all the way (1 Hi flow cat, 1 res, 1 muffler)
Running Martini Racing fluids for Motor, Tranny and Diff. Motor Oil and Oil filter gets changed every 3000-4000km depending, no longer than that.
Supporting mods planned for FI:
Catch can (PCV + Crankcase)
Defi Racer Gauges (Boost/Oil Pressure/AFR)
Brake pads and Brake fluid
Oil Cooler? (not too sure yet because i don’t track the car, and its a daily driver that gets spirited driven a lot)
Goals for FI and Questions:
- Reliability is the main key, i understand adding FI will diminish it but also how you drive and maintain + the tune you get will help keep the reliability up there.
- 180-190kw is the power I’m looking for. I’ve been in and driven 200-290+kw SR’s and evo’s and thats just ridiculous power for the street for my liking esp in the wet, IMO around the 200 mark is fun enough, esp for a car this light.
- Since the car isn’t going to be tracked, mainly a DD and a lot of spirited driving, that top end of a turbo isn’t necessary compared to a turbo’s top end? Opinions? Smaller turbo will help with response and lag?
- Any other Supercharger or Turbo suggestion routes? My main reason for going to Harrop is that its designed and manufactured in house, and their history seems impeccable. So support is definitely there.
- Will be tuned at Chequered Tuning once all installed.
As i said, I’m open to any other suggestions and advice you guys have.