First car the white gts 86

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Andy D

Andy D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

For those that arn't part of the nsw club....worse comes to worse new neighbour tells me that my exhaust is too loud, and im just like 'no comment*'
despite the fact that my brothers exhaust is much louder, i even drive in and out normal and the neighbours still take a piss because there bedrooms are located where i park my car
I know they won't do anything about it because if they do report it, im sure that il make them awake when i come home at 12am from work

Only reason im in that mood, because i didn't rev or nothing when i first moved in and they said when they first spoke to me 'you don't give a shit about your neighbours do you?'
but really i dont see anyone else complaining, i'd rather think my other neighbours enjoy the sound of a zed and an 86 being woken up

(my other neighbour actually sneeks a peek from time to time) - but thats just me getting the sh*ts because i didn't do anything wrong
*btw my exhaust is just a cat-back - stock front-pipe and header*

Skip to about halfway to pass idling - https://www.youtube....h?v=DyJGR_7L2gQ

DZ 086

DZ 086

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

exhaust sounds great imo.
did you need to get a different bar for the quad exhaust or it just fit?
how much was it

also, the plasti dip on the side marker indicator things, does the amber light work well through it? is it just matt black?

I have a white 86 and ive been tossing up on dipping my wheels, the white gts wheels like great!

Bren

Bren

Forum Guru

• Moderators
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationToowoomba
For quad exhaust you don't need to change rear bar, but will need to fit replacement garnishes like the TRD ones.

Andy D

Andy D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Not sure actually during the daytime, like you can see it but not sure how far its visible...night is normal

J2 engineering 

the exhaust tips are 2.75" and they just fit under the stock garnish, so no need to buy the trd replacement add-on

and if your thinking about dipping them white, be prepared to clean it using foam...by hand its a headache from all the spokes

• DZ 086 likes this

Bren

Bren

Forum Guru

• Moderators
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationToowoomba
Doesn't look "right" though, having the standard round cut outs with twin pipes from each. Get TRD garnish and go 3inch pipes.

Andy D

Andy D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Yeah a few months ago i was rsearching for some 3.5" burnt tips for the quads when i cut out the stock 2.75"
But it turns out no tips have an inlet diameter or 2.75"

So maybe later on il look at getting a new exhaust if there is any that is good or unique in a way

Bren

Bren

Forum Guru

• Moderators
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationToowoomba
So you just put quad pipes on a standard muffler?

Andy D

Andy D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

nah man its a complete catback, id doubt adding those small tips would make my car sound that loud
sometimes on my way home my neighbour parks on the street so when i go past the alarm goes off  :D

rapidcarremoval

rapidcarremoval

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Nice car! I didn't even know how to drive when I was 18. Lol! I got my GT when I was 24 nd still have it but I'm planning to sell my car so I could get myself a new one cos this one is quite old and been having repairs more often. So I guess I have to let it go..haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users