• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Andy D

Andy D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Hey guys, 

Just got my first car from a really good seller, one of the best jdm people yet. He works in the importation of cars and parts, and currently owns an initial-d ae86.

The car currently runs at 300km and planning to get mods over the period in which i will get money, so far i applied for a job at woolies at punchbowl so hopefully i will get the job. But i will not be able to work until after my HSC exams (yeah that sucks for me) and yes that means that i am 18. Had my 18th party last sunday and got 1k, unfortunately my friends couldn't come because of the exams coming up so yeah

Also it is unfortunate that I got my red P's in automatic, so the day after my last exam finishes im going to get my green's and hopefully i can get it and drive it then. Ive also heard rumours that the test is really easy, like if it asks when to slow down that you should tap the screen straight away or something...can anyone confiirm that?

T8yhqfo.jpg5mhLDyT.jpgxgRS1SQ.jpg

ifTahoP.jpg

Also that 370z next to my car is my brothers car, but he ordered an amuse kit but i didn't know that he was getting the replica kit. So im guessing there is gonna be huge fitment issues from the replicas.

So yeah so far the mods i got are the valenti tail lights, im not really interested in getting the reverse lights as its not a big part of the car and it costs way too much to get. 

ysn6Bvr.jpg

Other parts i have ordered are:

- New plates coming in

- Rear pods

- J2 quad tip exhaust - coming in next week (im a quad tip fan thats why and its cheap)

- TRD lip spoiler - coming next week (was going to get the five axis/five ad spoiler but it was too much on price range for me

if anyone has fitted this spoiler, have they done it without drilling in holes and just used                                                                                                                                      double sided tape because i might consider buying a new spoiler later on)

I was going to buy a front lip for the car, but as i tested the driveway it barely manages to get passed the rails on my gate.

Even though polyurethane is flexible and prevents scratches i dont think buying a lip now will satisfy hearing scrapes all the time.

So im probably going to save the 1k for wheels, probably interested in xd9 in bronze as they seem to attract my attention, unless anyone else has some good wheels they want to see on a white 86.

BTW, the guy that sold the car to me said that i needed to get the car inspected at 1000km on the odometer, but i did some research and read the book, but it showed a 1 month free inspection and obviously the guy had that the car for more than a month and didnt use it. So does that mean that i can't get the 1000km inspection or does it still apply. 

Sorry about all the questions throughout the thread...

Anyways enjoy the thread...

• 1Cddvxsdf and xvxvsd352 like this

Hoopyfactor

Hoopyfactor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast, Queensland
Hey andy, welcome!

Looks like a good family collection of cars, also very cool car at 18! My white GT is a couple of weeks away.
As for your green P test, not sure if it is the same as the queensland one but I did it after being awake for 5 minutes. Don't stress lol

86 on order!!! White GT due November. 

Andy D

Andy D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

As for your green P test, not sure if it is the same as the queensland one but I did it after being awake for 5 minutes. Don't stress lol

Yeah thanks haha, ive heard that you can't practice for the test here in NSW because its a case of cheating, but i found a practice simulator in the South Australian website which is awkward for the NSW department...

Zero00

Zero00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationSandstone Point Q

You should have the service books for it - go see your Dealer if the 1,000km FREE service/check over is close - get the Dealer to make sure everything relating to warranty etc is into your name

I'm assuming it had only done 300km but don't know whether you bought it thru a Dealer or private

Fun Fun ;)

ZOE000

ZOE000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn the Forest by the Lake.QLD

you must get pretty good pocket money to afford a car like that at age 18,no job & still at school...

• Bren and Hello Kitty like this

Andy D

Andy D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

you must get pretty good pocket money to afford a car like that at age 18,no job & still at school...

Nah my dad paid for the car, im just paying for the mods coming up

I'm actually getting a job soon at woolies after im done with the HSC, got an interview next wednesday...

• Zero00 likes this

Andy D

Andy D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

My new plates, im so happy but its too hot to be fitting it on plus gotta take off the bracket...

I was planning to get a black background but my brother got new ones also in a black background, sooo esh

4OOj3mY.jpg

Andy D

Andy D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Finally fitted the HT Autos lip kit, and also removing the number plate bracket at the front for a more slim look

Was a pretty hot Saturday afternoon also...but was worth it

lYaMyJM.jpgQ2m15xX.jpg

Hamdan

Hamdan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationSydney

Another HSC 86 brother!!!!!!!

I too am gonna be looking for a job as soon as the exams are over! Gotta get that expendable income!

Andy D

Andy D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Another HSC 86 brother!!!!!!!

I too am gonna be looking for a job as soon as the exams are over! Gotta get that expendable income!

I already got my job accepted, im doing my induction on wednesday...its a bitch that the only days for induction are monday - wedensday

but thank god i only have one on monday and last one tuesday after next week

• Hamdan likes this

pansontw

pansontw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

A side note for you.  Valenti reverse is only US$200 shipped.

It will complete the look of your rear end!!!

Andy D

Andy D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

A side note for you.  Valenti reverse is only US$200 shipped.

It will complete the look of your rear end!!!

yeah i found one in taiwan for $198, but like i dont really need them now..

doesn't make much of a difference, its just led lights

Andy D

Andy D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

DIP MAGIC  :D

1WpMixr.jpgtsHzSwZ.jpgWW9syKl.jpgbWEGXZU.jpgyJj1CJb.jpgiEUbrNG.jpg

Andy D

Andy D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

KqUroGi.jpg0GlAsBn.jpg

New house, and found out my grass area slams my car flush

• rrodwell and Spectal like this

Elo

Elo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSydney

fuarrk, your neighbours are lucky to wake up everyday and look across at those cars :P

• rrodwell likes this

rrodwell

rrodwell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

fuarrk, your neighbours are lucky to wake up everyday and look across at those cars :P

I dont know what it was about this, but I couldn't stop laughing

• Elo likes this

Andy D

Andy D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Sometimes i get worried if they ever complain in the morning because of my zorst...but i guess thats just life

• Elo likes this

Elo

Elo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSydney

Sometimes i get worried if they ever complain in the morning because of my zorst...but i guess thats just life

who cares haha, if anything you should just bash the limiter in the mornings so everyone knows you are leaving

Bren

Bren

Forum Guru

• Moderators
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationToowoomba
No you shouldn't, that's a ridiculously stupid thing to say.
  • Elo likes this

Andy D

Andy D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Gotta make another video of my zorst in the mornings

in the mean time, more photosdv9qQYb.jpgTI4khir.jpg

• DMak Spec and Pleb like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users