Fairly straight forward, but you will get a bit dirty laying on the ground, and possibly scuff your hands up as it's pretty tight in there.. Allow around 25-35 minutes for this.
*** You will need to be logged in to see the pictures! ***
This guide is for those who have purchased an aftermarket reverse light such as the Valenti.. These are available here:
*** CLICK PICS FOR FULL SIZE ***
23.jpg 123.79K 46 downloads
Flat blade screwdriver
10mm socket with ratchet or a 10mm spanner
Torch or light if doing at night
1) Wait for the exhaust to cool down (could burn your hands)
2) Lay down under the car and remove all the globe connectors (twist and pull). There are three globes - 2x reverse and 1x fog
3) Use a flat blade screw driver to pop out the side clips from the reverse light
25.jpg 127.76K 39 downloads
25a.jpg 179.27K 37 downloads
4) Get your 10mm socket and undo the two bolts on top of the reverse light
24.jpg 139.78K 33 downloads
5) Aside from the small clip at the bottom of the stock reverse light, that is all that is holding in your fog/reverse assembly. BE CAREFUL not to break this clip.
6) You can use your hand at the bottom of the diffuser section to get enough room to remove the fog/reverse assembly, it's very flexible there.
32.jpg 194.85K 36 downloads
7) Remove the spare wheel matt, and the foam Inside the boot so you have access to the left hand side of the boot area, this is where the wires feed through. To remove the foam tool kit surround (that houses the jack), there is a single clip that holds it in place, just pry that out and remove the foam jack housing.
8) Remove the three clips holding the plastic trim above the boot latch mechanism. Use a flat blade to pry the center lock of the clips and then they should pop out easily. now you can take the plastic trim out and access the plug for the fog/reverse
29.jpg 177.72K 29 downloads
30.jpg 156.45K 26 downloads
9) Remove the plug for the fog/reverse and then trace the wire to the left hand side of the boot, where you can see there is a rubber grommet. Push that grommet through the panel and then from under the car pull the rest of the wiring through. The plug at the end might get stuck so just jiggle it around from inside the boot til it falls through.
27.jpg 114.44K 29 downloads
28.jpg 147.12K 29 downloads
31.jpg 239.39K 32 downloads
26.jpg 242.05K 31 downloads
To fit a replacement, just follow the instructions in reverse