• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

coyote

coyote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

What's with the Brisbane BRZ86 Facebook people?

I was sent payment instructions regarding a skid pan event, to which I responded with the following email.

Hi xxxx,

Thanks for your message. Yes, I would like to come and share the drive with my partner, xxxx.

If the spot is still availalbe, please email me on xxxx and I'll pay immediately (I log onto facebook only a few times a year).

Thanks,

xxxx

The email was read 33 minutes after it was sent and I appear to have been banned from the group.  I was sent no response to to my message, either on Fakebook or off.

Is this normal?  Is it how people behave on Facebook?  I know a little about the war of egos they've been having and the coup that saw the page basically stolen from Luke, but I have no idea what happens.  I just assume I'm now no longer welcome at Mt Cotton.

If anyone hears of a good event, please post details on this site.

• Blubbence likes this

tunedbycoyotesmall.jpg

coyote

coyote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Update

By some freakishly amazing coincidence I just got an email advising that the event is full.

tunedbycoyotesmall.jpg

lame duck

lame duck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Locationnoosa

PM sent - I am the sunshine coast committee rep for qld 86/brz owners group for info re the sunny coast and am looking at having a loose knit group for sharing info and "bake n shake" cruises - let me know if interested and I will PM you my phone number.

mike

humour should be taken seriously.

DjCoopAss

DjCoopAss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationQld

The brisbane page was closed/not used anymore was my belief, that my be why, im told the one stated above is the only page used for qld now

Cory C.

86•BRZ

86•BRZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
I left the Facebook site if that means anything Tony!

coyote

coyote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

I left the Facebook site if that means anything Tony!

It does, Luke.  It does.

All Plastidipped out?

• 86•BRZ and Bren like this

tunedbycoyotesmall.jpg

lame duck

lame duck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Locationnoosa

I am a bit disappointed that my post was ignored as, whilst myself a newbie to F/B, I have found no malice within the QLD 86/BRZ owners

group which, after all consists of peeps like myself, and my actions/proposals are, and always will be, to promote the 86 and activity around

the car in a caring and friendly manner through social activities and such like.

I have been in contact with both Luke and Tony expressing my concerns and regret at initially what happened with Lukes "rubbing" out,

which I wish was voiced more to clear the air, and get to an answer on who/why, and also with Tony again with him not getting a reply to

his enquiry about a skid pan event and informed him that sept. 7 is open for applications. (hint to all F/B members)

My reply is not intended in any manner to dampen the gravity of their concerns and actions, or lack of by the Qld owners group, nor

attempts to  speak for them but merely to state that the c'tee are only peeps like myself and, speaking for myself, am only too willing to

correct what may be or is perceived to be injustices they have suffered.

I apologise to both friends for not being able to placate your genuine concerns - maybe an offer to you Tony of my spare spot (I have

booked/paid for two places) in the skid pan event you applied for Aug 31 may go towards addressing your concerns.

mike

• dory and Zero00 like this

Agent86

Agent86

Forum Guru

• Moderators
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationInner Northside Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I agree wholeheartedly with mike. The Facebook group are all very well mannered and friendly. We are still in the dark as to what happened with the admins side of thing and Lukes membership. It was not deliberate to 'kick' Luke out as was said but somehow someone (we don't know if it was a member or even just a Facebook glitch) seem to have removed the admin rights for a heap of people (almost as quickly as everyone was given admin rights.
I, too, am an admin for the group, with focus on the central brisbane area and also assuring mike with the north coast.
Tony, I don't know who your message went to. I didn't see it, but I can assure you that you would not have been removed deliberately. It's more someone clicking in the wrong place (so easy to do - especially from the mobile apps which we all use). Apologies again and I hope all is rectified.
  • dory and Zero00 like this
Matty C.

Velocity Orange 86 GTS AT
Previous: 2010 Aurion Sportivo ZR6 (Ink Black) - moonroof, 18" Kappas; 2007 Camry Sportivo (Inferno Orange), 2005 Camry Sportivo, ... , Gemini, '71 Kombi and '64 VW Beetle!

86•BRZ

86•BRZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
Matt and mike and are genuinely good guys and exactly the type of people who should be running the 86 club. I honestly don't have any time
right now (rocking a baby to sleep with my foot right now!)
I'm also enjoying not constantly tinkering with a car for once in my life. It's done until next year.

Please keep us updated here of any skidpan events here so I can get away if possible and at the least take a few shots. I still have a wad of shots for you both Matt and Mike. I'm slack :) I know :)
  • coyote, Agent86, lame duck and 1 other like this

coyote

coyote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
Thanks for the offer, Mike.

I've since booked a car on the dyno that afternoon. Like Luke, I'm not blessed with an abundance of spare time.

Best that you enjoy your spot anyway.
  • lame duck likes this

tunedbycoyotesmall.jpg

lame duck

lame duck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Locationnoosa

Sept 7 is still open Tony for the skid pan - and get off yer bum Luke and get dem snaps to us, excuses like rocking the baby just don't work

around here - skid pan events are 31 aug (full) and sept 7 at mt cotton - nov 3 at gympie and lvma mt cotton sept 1 with of course a sunny

coast cruise organised by matt and self over 2 days aug 24/25 - that all looks confusing to me but you get that.

any other info sing out.

mike

86•BRZ

86•BRZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
I made no excuses! I flat out said I'm slack! :)
Pm me your addresses and ill send a disk of jpegs.
  • lame duck likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users