Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationBendigo VIC
Hey all
Well as the title states please register your interest for a cruise day

Starting point – dependant on main number of participants agreed location

midway pit stop – a place to grab a drink  - meeting point for others that would like to join the cruise

Cruise Destination – some place nice to grab a coffee or feed and some photos of the cars

Dates - Please throw up some dates that suite and we can lock the most popular in

Any weekend in August suites me

Come on all we need to pull our fingers out as those darn Welshmen and tropical northerners are getting out and having a blast while us cold southerners hide in front of our heaters so click the seat warmers on and buckle up and lets all get out and enjoy a cruise together.

cheers
pacs

• Hamdan and GTS Blonde like this

fan69er

fan69er

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSydney - Alexandria

I'm looking for an excuse to take my car for a long drive. I might even come down from Sydney.

• GTS Blonde likes this

James

Black 86 GT (manual) since 29 June 2013

Blueboysixnine

Blueboysixnine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationPakenham

Count me in

• GTS Blonde likes this

Zero00

Zero00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationSandstone Point Q

Well done guys, hope it all comes together and you get a sh*tload of 86/BRZ'ers!!

Wishing you all the best for a successful run!! :)  ;)  :D  B)  :blink:

• GTS Blonde likes this

melcoca

melcoca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

never been to any vic meet with my brz... 

• GTS Blonde likes this

ygoslo

ygoslo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

I'm down as long as it's not too far away from me. Mt Macedon perhaps?

• GTS Blonde likes this

Blueboysixnine

Blueboysixnine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationPakenham

never been to any vic meet with my brz... 

There's a decent one going on tomorrow night at chadstone shopping centre at 9pm

melcoca

melcoca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

There's a decent one going on tomorrow night at chadstone shopping centre at 9pm

tonight? where about???

Timding

Timding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationPoint Cook

Chadstone car park. Just a meet and greet although no reason we can't cruise afterwards. In terms of the Vic club we have quite a few events next month. A track day at Winton, a driver training day at Sandown and a motorkhana at the end of the month. Come say hi on Facebook or pm me on here for more details. 

See you guys tonight if you come. 

Posted Image

pacs

pacs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationBendigo VIC

Great to see so many responses so early cheers all

I'm down as long as it's not too far away from me. Mt Macedon perhaps?

That does sound like a good area even hanging rock could be a great spot for a meet

Chadstone car park. Just a meet and greet although no reason we can't cruise afterwards. In terms of the Vic club we have quite a few events next month. A track day at Winton, a driver training day at Sandown and a motorkhana at the end of the month. Come say hi on Facebook or pm me on here for more details. 

See you guys tonight if you come. 

Cheers Timding could you please post more of the Vic events here as not everyone uses facebook mate

I would love to have attended this event if I had more notice :(

• GTS Blonde likes this

ygoslo

ygoslo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Yeah I deleted my fb months ago, close to the best decision ever. Post events here if possible!

• GTS Blonde likes this

GTS Blonde

GTS Blonde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Hi Pacs,

Please register my interest - especially when the weather warms up. As you know, I have been spoiled over the years attending my husband's Porsche Club Sunday runs and as you would expect from an established club like that with a paid membership, they do events like this very well (morning briefing with accurate tour notes handed to navigators, 250 km cruise with a morning tea stop and ending in a lunch with ample parking for up to 60 cars -all for around $50 pp). I guess our problem is we are not a club, we really don't know how many of us there are and the age demographic of 86 owners is probably anything from 20 to 80. While some may be happy to meet up in a Maccas car park and then just drive around for an hour, others will prefer a structured drive and a decent meal at the end of it. The latter is a bit unrealistic for this forum of course, but we could take some baby steps at least.

I did like your suggestion of Hanging Rock and maybe everyone could just meet up there, bring their own chairs and food and have a picnic? My husband (who was the Social Director of the Porsche Club for many years) said this is how the Porsche Club started out ages ago. He also thinks a picnic is good idea for a first event, as you do not have to collect money or book venues and everyone just pays the admission fee when they arrive. At least this way, if you get 6 or 60 cars, it won't matter. If you have some idea of the numbers, you may be able to get the Hanging Rock management to rope off a suitable area for our cars. He also mentioned there is big college in one of the main streets of Kyneton that has a huge accessible (on Sundays) bus car park at the rear which would make a good mid-morning meeting point for a short run to Hanging Rock, while the Service Centre near the West gate Bridge, or the one at Rockbank, would do if you wanted to start closer to Melbourne for a longer run.

Cheers Kris

• Zero00 likes this

pacs

pacs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationBendigo VIC

Thanks Kris for the invaluable contribution they are all great idea's and I hope you get to drag hubby out for an 86 meet some time soon :)

I think Kyneton would be perfect for the meet and the cruise to hanging rock for a picnic and those coming from Melb could have a set meet and cruise location as suggested or even the BP at Calder Park before departing for Kyneton

There was word from a VIC member Timding that the VIC club currently Facebook based is putting together a specific forum and website though there does seem to be a lack of information regarding this currently as apparently you have to be a Facebook member to be involved or receive current meet information even though we have requested that they post here so others can join the events so this may eventuate over time we will just have to wait and see

I think we may aim for September in hope of better weather and gathering a few more members interest as the picnic at hanging rock does sound like the best option presented so far

cheers

pacs

• Zero00 and GTS Blonde like this

Timding

Timding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationPoint Cook

We are running an interstate motorkhana challenge if you want to come along for cruise and meet up. 21st of September on the border of VIC and NSW. 

Not the most exciting drive but will be a hell of a lot of fun. 

• GTS Blonde likes this
Posted Image

pacs

pacs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationBendigo VIC

Hi Timding where will this event be held at mate? any further news on the VIC club sites you mentioned are in development?

keep us posted

• GTS Blonde likes this

Timding

Timding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationPoint Cook

www.vic86brzclub.com.au :)

It is being held at the Wodonga TAFE Skidpan. 

• GTS Blonde likes this
Posted Image

GTS Blonde

GTS Blonde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Thanks Kris for the invaluable contribution they are all great idea's and I hope you get to drag hubby out for an 86 meet some time soon :)

I think Kyneton would be perfect for the meet and the cruise to hanging rock for a picnic and those coming from Melb could have a set meet and cruise location as suggested or even the BP at Calder Park before departing for Kyneton

There was word from a VIC member Timding that the VIC club currently Facebook based is putting together a specific forum and website though there does seem to be a lack of information regarding this currently as apparently you have to be a Facebook member to be involved or receive current meet information even though we have requested that they post here so others can join the events so this may eventuate over time we will just have to wait and see

I think we may aim for September in hope of better weather and gathering a few more members interest as the picnic at hanging rock does sound like the best option presented so far

cheers

pacs

Hi pacs

September & the Kyneton / Hanging Rock thing sounds good. I assume that there is a Toyota Club which may have an 86 Register and maybe even an 86 Club here in Victoria, and maybe they have events like this for their members?

However the event we are talking about could be a casual one-off for 86forums members here in Victoria (including any aforementioned club members who may be interested) because a lot of Victorian 86 owners on this forum probably do not wish to join a club, or participate in competitions etc, but maybe would like to gather with their cars occasionally? No harm in testing the waters I guess.

Cheers Kris

pacs

pacs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationBendigo VIC

Hi pacs

September & the Kyneton / Hanging Rock thing sounds good. I assume that there is a Toyota Club which may have an 86 Register and maybe even an 86 Club here in Victoria, and maybe they have events like this for their members?

However the event we are talking about could be a casual one-off for 86forums members here in Victoria (including any aforementioned club members who may be interested) because a lot of Victorian 86 owners on this forum probably do not wish to join a club, or participate in competitions etc, but maybe would like to gather with their cars occasionally? No harm in testing the waters I guess.

Cheers Kris

Too right Kris ! thumbsup

So September it is with main gathering at Kyneton and then cruise to Hanging rock for picnic and meet n greet

those coming from Melb could meet at either service station on the way out of melb depending on best route for them

gathering at Kyneton between 10:30-11:00 then onto Hanging rock for lunch

when setting the date we will need to see what events are already being held at Hanging rock in September I know they run a market there every month and as you mentioned if we get enough numbers we could arrange a roped off area for us all to park.

I'll see what I can dig up online.

• GTS Blonde likes this

ygoslo

ygoslo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Sweet. I'm down as long as I'm not at the footy that day.

I'm a Swans supporter so keeping September weekends open is pertinent these days... B)

• GTS Blonde likes this

GTS Blonde

GTS Blonde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Too right Kris ! thumbsup

So September it is with main gathering at Kyneton and then cruise to Hanging rock for picnic and meet n greet

those coming from Melb could meet at either service station on the way out of melb depending on best route for them

gathering at Kyneton between 10:30-11:00 then onto Hanging rock for lunch

when setting the date we will need to see what events are already being held at Hanging rock in September I know they run a market there every month and as you mentioned if we get enough numbers we could arrange a roped off area for us all to park.

I'll see what I can dig up online.

Sweet. I'm down as long as I'm not at the footy that day.

I'm a Swans supporter so keeping September weekends open is pertinent these days... B)

Oh Dear .. I forgot about the footy finals. How about we go for Sunday 6 October with the next couple of Sundays as options should Hanging Rock not be available that Sunday. I would be happy to be the person responsible for being at the Melbourne meeting point to coordinate the cruise to Kyneton. By the way, from memory I think it was the bus parking area behind the Kyneton Secondary College that the Porsche Club used as a meeting point many years ago. If I am right, coming from Melbourne you turn right off High Street into Ferguson Street and the parking bays are on your right before you get to Market Street. It was not closed off back then and the Porsche Club had so many cars they actually contacted the college back and organised for the students to do a morning tea. While we obviously won't be doing anything on that scale, it would probably be a good idea to scope it out locally to ensure it is still accessible to the public on a Sunday and that the locals wouldn't have an issue.

Cheers Kris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users