TRD 86 , 2 WAY LSD CENTER ( VERY SPECIAL OFFER )

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Caldine

Caldine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
Hello Forum members . I have just received limited numbers of TRD Mechanical 2 Way LSD Centers . I have reserved 10 units only for 86Forums members .

This offer is very unlikely to ever be repeated .

Part Number 41301-ZN600 .

Forum Member Price AUD $ 850 Delivered .

This is probably AUD $ 600.00 cheaper than you will find anywhere else on the net .

Posted Image

Conditions :

Only one per customer .

You must be a registered 86forums member . If you can't provide a current forum registration name , no sale .

Orders / enquiries only taken from HERE

Delivery will be done by EMS ( 3 - 4 days ) once payment has received .

Offer expires when all sold or until 11th April 2013.

Cheers .
  • elerceacaps, phitomooptine, Foorronisap and 10 others like this

ferdie

ferdie

Forum Guru

• Moderators
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationKingaroy
as i know nothing about the LSD in my stock GTS, how much better is this??

anyone know what type is in the stock car??

coyote

coyote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

anyone know what type is in the stock car??

Torsen

tunedbycoyotesmall.jpg

ferdie

ferdie

Forum Guru

• Moderators
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationKingaroy
so if its a mechanical as well im assuming the mechanical setup in the TRD has a different bias ratio or something??

coyote

coyote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

so if its a mechanical as well im assuming the mechanical setup in the TRD has a different bias ratio or something??

I don't know about the TBR, but hopefully Caldine can answer that.

The 2 way will provide the same bias ratio in both directions. That's pretty useless unless you want to do something like compression lock both rear tyres. I believe that's popular with the kiddies these days.

A 1.5 way on the other hand can actually feel more stable than a 1 way (which the Torsen is - no lockup in the reverse direction).

It'll also maintain drive to both wheels when one is lifted in the air, whereas the Torsen won't. If that's your problem, look at your suspension rather than your diff.

I reckon $850 is a pretty good deal, particularly given it will come out of a TRD box (I'd be guessing it's a Cusco).

tunedbycoyotesmall.jpg

eightsix

eightsix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Locationmy86.me
Damn this is sooo tempting but i havn't seen to many reviews on this baby yet :s

Caldine

Caldine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

I don't know about the TBR, but hopefully Caldine can answer that.

The 2 way will provide the same bias ratio in both directions. That's pretty useless unless you want to do something like compression lock both rear tyres. I believe that's popular with the kiddies these days.

A 1.5 way on the other hand can actually feel more stable than a 1 way (which the Torsen is - no lockup in the reverse direction).

It'll also maintain drive to both wheels when one is lifted in the air, whereas the Torsen won't. If that's your problem, look at your suspension rather than your diff.

I reckon $850 is a pretty good deal, particularly given it will come out of a TRD box (I'd be guessing it's a Cusco).

Coyote , when I list something on the forum , you can be assured that the product is as exactly as quoted . I don't know if you've been ripped by a trader previously , but that's not the way we do business .

In case there is any doubt , here are the the 10 LSD's I've put aside for members .

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

eightsix

eightsix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Locationmy86.me
coyote was implying that it really would be a cusco rebranded as a trd. Not that you are selling of an cusco item in a trd box...well it kind of would be.

86 II

86 II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Im tempted but in real life on the road am I going to notice much of a difference? is this unit better for power handling also?

on a side note there are some nice TRD goodies in your cabinet do you have a merchandise list with TRD apparel I can buy?

coyote

coyote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
There was no implication that anyone is being ripped off. In fact I suggested it was a good deal.

I took a stab at who manufactures these diffs for TRD, but stated that it was a guess, not fact.

Hopefully the torque bias ratio will be revealed for Ferdie.

As for lifting wheels, I've noticed the car grabs a brake when that happens. That would likely be enough for drive to be shared.
  • lame duck likes this

tunedbycoyotesmall.jpg

Nafe

Nafe

Forum Guru

• Moderators
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
I wouldn’t think it would be a rebadged Cusco. I had a TRD LSD in my AE86 and a cusco LSD in my R32 and the two diffs behaved a lot differently.
I want this doff, but I just can’t justify it atm :/
I may be wrong, but that is my experience with them :)
  • Caldine likes this

wtf

wtf

Forum Guru

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts
I bought one :P I haven't had a chance to fit it to the car yet tho :(
  • Typhoon likes this
[WTF 86] 2012 Toyota 86, Pearl White
[WTF] 2001 Porsche 986S Convertible
[WTF 4] 1997 Nissan 180SX/S14A hybrid
[WTF 180] 1990 Nissan 180SX/S15 hybrid, RB26 600hp

Pengasus

Pengasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationCairns, QLD
That exhaust hanging on the wall is the only thing that's tempting me. Why does it have to be so frigging expensive :(
Not to mention that i'd have a buy a rear spoiler as well...
If you don't have a grin on your face in an 86, then you're doing it wrong...

6n6.gif

Sidsy

Sidsy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
These still available?
That is extremely cheap.

Caldine

Caldine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

These still available?
That is extremely cheap.

Sorry for the delay in replying , have had a couple of other projects to look after the last few weeks . Good news is that we still have 4 units left if anyone is interested in the 2 way TRD LSD .

Cheers

DocMig

DocMig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
I am enjoying drifting my car and was told a mechanical LSD would be much better than what I have!
Do you have any trod mechanical LSD left
If so I would like to purchase one

Caldine

Caldine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

I am enjoying drifting my car and was told a mechanical LSD would be much better than what I have!
Do you have any trod mechanical LSD left
If so I would like to purchase one.

The initial lot I put aside for forum members were snapped up pretty quickly  , but yes I still have a couple left I can do for the quoted price above . 

Can also now do the Cusco 4.556 higher ratio Final Drive kits for $ NZD 585.00 which is a perfect match for those wanting the Mechanical LSD Upgrade .

Edited by Caldine, 06 September 2013 - 11:08 AM.

Harro

Harro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Hello mate,

Just flung you an email - any of these bad boys left? To be honest I don't care that much for the LSD, but higher ratio this car badly, badly needs. Might as well go the whole hog eh?

You hear your girlfriend calling you from the kitchen. As you are heading downstairs you hear a whisper from the closet saying "Don't go down there honey, I heard it too..."

DocMig

DocMig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
Thx for your efficient service
Have received LSD and final drive

stevo_12v

stevo_12v

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

I'm interested in these too if there are any left?

2a0npd5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users